now have to pay to use the car parks. We want to go early morning
leave mid afternoon to go back to our Villa for a few hours rest
then return early evening.

I know you can go in and out of the park, but what about the car park
would we have to pay twice

Chris

blott
17-06-2003, 14:21
When going back into the park yourself, make sure you get your hand stamped before you leave if you have a single day ticket. If you've got multi day tickets, then you just go back and your ticket won't be deducted with another day.

So, keep your car park ticket and show it at the car park entrance to get in for a second time. You only pay once per day for the car parks at theme parks.

mikewj
17-06-2003, 14:25
There is also a point during the evening at the Disney Parks when they stop checking for parking tickets, its usually about 1 hour before the park closes.

chrisj
17-06-2003, 14:30
Thanks for the answers, We have multi passes so all we have to make sure
we keep the car park ticket..

Chris

steph_goodrum
17-06-2003, 14:37
You MUST get your hand stamped, if you want to re-enter that or any of the other parks, even with a multi day pass otherwise you may lose a day of your pass. This is to stop the tickets being transferred. If you don't get a hand stamp they have no way of knowing if, for example, 4 people use that pass in the morning, come out and then give them to their friends to use in the afternoon. The hand stamps are washable so even if you go back for a swim in the afternoon they can still see them .

Carla
17-06-2003, 15:09
Also a car park ticket bought at MK, for example, is good for any of the other Disney parks on the same day, so you can park hop with your car as well if you wish.

chrisj
17-06-2003, 15:21
Thanks all

So we will get our hand stamped and keep hold of the parking ticket

Chris

steph_goodrum
17-06-2003, 17:08
That's about it Chris! Basically cover all bases and you can't be wrong then. :)

chrisj
17-06-2003, 18:22
Thanks

Chris

mikewj
17-06-2003, 19:38
Just don't forget where you parked.....we saw a very distraught family looking for help in the Magic Kingdom last November as they'd forgotten to note down their carpark name.

athurstance
17-06-2003, 19:47
We lost our car once at Epcot - amazing how many white hire cars exactly the same as ours there was in that one car park. We did find it in the end though - fortunately it was at closing after the fireworks so as people gradually left there were less and less cars to choose from and we spotted it.
I would advise writing down which row and car park you're in and also leaving something that is not valuable but is distinctive on the seat so it is easy to peer in through the window and check if its yours - because lets face it whoever remembers the license plate of their hire car!

Angela

steph_goodrum
17-06-2003, 21:32
Angela
Our license plate no has always been written on the key fob. We also have a Mickey ariel topper that I've attached a couple of ribbons to so you can usually spot them fluttering in the breeze.
And we've got a sunscreen with the aliens from toy Story on we picked up in our Poundland here and took over with us, we've still even come out of Walmart when it's got dark after we went in and got disorientated and couldn't find it for a while.

chrisj
17-06-2003, 22:49
sounds as though we will write down where we parked

Chris

Carla
17-06-2003, 23:39
We were dashing out of Epcot one afternoon, a few years ago, whilst it was raining cats and dogs. Kevin unlocked the car and we all jumped in. After a few moments we began to realise that the inside looked different and there were some things on the seat that I'd had to move, which weren't at all familiar!!!

We were in the right row and the car was the right colour and shape, however, ours turned out to be 4 cars down the row!!!:D:D:D

Moral of the story is do something like Steph does and also never leave any valuables in your car whatsoever. Our key opened a car of a completely different make!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-06-2003, 23:59
Easy way to find your car at the parks: get a coloured piece of ribbon and tie it round the top of your car aeriel - if you get a vivid colour like pink then you can spot it from miles way and will never lose your car again :D.

pbensur
18-06-2003, 00:03
I always make my kids take note of the section we're in - I always forget, but somehow they never do!!

chrisj
18-06-2003, 00:27
I like the sound of getting something to tie around the ariel, that seems a very good
idea. Never had problems remembering before, but better play safe with 2 kids in tow
and my mum or else Ill get wacked if we cant find the car

steph_goodrum
18-06-2003, 00:53
I've got bright purple and gold John along with Mickeys christmas hat! We also found it useful with the ribbon when we had 2 cars as if we got separated in a line of traffic my sister could spot us when she was following.

MTP
18-06-2003, 01:29
Another good reason not to leave valuable in the car is that if someone finds your keys and they have remote central locking all they need to do is wande up and down the car park pressing the unlock to find you car - I know this is how we sometimes find our car when we know the rough are it is parked in.

The Disney Security may get suspicious if they found someone doing this and it is perhaps a little paranoid to think that it could happy, but it seems such a simple way for someone to swipe a car.

sunseeker
18-06-2003, 02:03
Be very carefull if you open your car more than 3 feet away from it.
The reciever in the car is a very sensitive unit, and could stop communicating with the key fob, if this happens the cars immobiliser will not switch off thus leaving you stranded miles from home.
My advice to you all is dont do it.
Dave

chrisj
18-06-2003, 02:39
Thanks for the warning Dave