PDA

View Full Version : Flight Price Advice

Madabouttigger
28-12-2005, 00:19
I need to book 6 flights for November 2006, 3 from Manchester and 3 from London, all through Virgin.

The flights have come onto the web site but I want to book Miles + Money to try and save a few pennies.

Problem is the London flights have come up with the Miles + Money Options (but only £23 difference - but hey every bit helps) BUT there is no Miles + Money discount from Manchester.

Question I am asking is - do you think the Miles + Money option will come on at a later date or should I consider booking all 6 tickets now??

Advice is appreciated. [msnscared]

Diane.

Daglish
28-12-2005, 00:25
Hi Diane

I was in a similar situation so I telephoned Virgin to check and they couldn't give me any information on when tickets would be released for Miles+Money from Manchester in November 2006. When I checked they had already sold all the allocation from Gatwick as well for the date I originally wanted. In the end I decided to go ahead and book from Gatwick and just moved my dates (wanted originally to travel on 11 November but took a flight on 10 November instead)

Other people on the forum may have a better idea if and when Manchester tickets will be released but I decided just to go ahead and book Gatwick. We live in Leicester so it doesn't make a lot of difference for us.

Madabouttigger
28-12-2005, 00:27
Thanks for that Tracy - I think I'll give Virgin a call.

Diane.

steph_goodrum
28-12-2005, 01:12
Diane for the sake of £23 each I'd forget the miles plus money option and pat the price to get the miles instead. If you are going to use 2000 to save £23 per ticket then imo it would be better to spend the £23 and earn 4000 miles which you can use toward either free flights or flights with miles + money at a more expensive time of year when the saving will be greater.

Ray&Sarah
28-12-2005, 18:09
Have to agree with Steph here, we sis a similar price comparison this year and in the end opted to pay the little exta, get the miles and then use them for upgrades on later flights.[msnsmile2]

domster
29-12-2005, 12:16
I agree with Ray and Sarah as well. for the sake of £23 it does not seem worth it.

Madabouttigger
29-12-2005, 14:25
I appreciate what you are all saying but £23 x 6 = £138. Not a kings ransom I know, but if there is going to be a Miles/money offer at a later date, I would prefer the money to be in my pocket, not Richard Bransons. Charter travel have just quoted me £388 against booking direct at £331 so looks like will be booking direct. Thanks for the comments guys.

Diane.