PDA

View Full Version : snow would you miss it?

jaff
20-12-2005, 18:02
would you miss the snow at xmas time if you moved to florida?

a ken a would cos am a wain when it snows a love playing in it with the wains[msnsmile2][clap]

Paula D-S
20-12-2005, 18:09
I voted yes in the hope that we get snow, here in Liverpool it isn't very often we see it.

Macka
20-12-2005, 18:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
I voted yes in the hope that we get snow, here in Liverpool it isn't very often we see it.
[/quote]

It's because of the gulfstream Paula.

I was in Liverpool this weekend, and while there was a frost all the way home on Sunday, it was not Frosty on the Wirral. It's proximity to the coast keeps low temperatures higher than the average inland.

yes, I'd miss it too.

Paula D-S
20-12-2005, 18:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
[/quote]

It's because of the gulfstream Paula.

I was in Liverpool this weekend, and while there was a frost all the way home on Sunday, it was not Frosty on the Wirral. It's proximity to the coast keeps low temperatures higher than the average inland.

yes, I'd miss it too.
[/quote]

Oh Macka you should have said, I would have made you the scouse you were yearning for.

Macka
20-12-2005, 18:20
It did cross my mind.

I'll let you know next time?

Paula D-S
20-12-2005, 18:21
Yes that would be great.[msnsmile2]

mizzy
20-12-2005, 18:34
personally i could live without it but i would hate for my children not to have the experience of playing out in the snow so i voted yes i would miss it

Mizzy

LiesaAnna
20-12-2005, 18:58
same as mizzy

chrizzy100
20-12-2005, 19:18
This looks like its going to be our first Christmas in 6 years withour snow.......so I will miss it......

Macka
20-12-2005, 19:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
This looks like its going to be our first Christmas in 6 years withour snow.......so I will miss it......
[/quote]

Oooooh, climate change..

Red sky at night, shepherds delight.
Dead sheep in morning, global warming.

Ray&Sarah
20-12-2005, 20:10
I voted no, wouldn't miss it at all.[msnsmile2]

becbecs
20-12-2005, 20:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
personally i could live without it but i would hate for my children not to have the experience of playing out in the snow so i voted yes i would miss it

Mizzy
[/quote]

Same as you Mizzy

chrizzy100
20-12-2005, 21:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
[/quote]

Oooooh, climate change..

Red sky at night, shepherds delight.
Dead sheep in morning, global warming.
[/quote]

Not so much climate change...........just no wet stuff due to fall from the sky that day........

wrpac00
20-12-2005, 21:07
I would miss it, there is something magical about it. Of course if we had inches of it all of the time I would probably then hate it.

kaysvacationvilla
21-12-2005, 00:03
I voted NO NO NO. I have seen enough snow living in Massachusetts to last a life time.

blott
21-12-2005, 00:05
Pretty to look at but horrendous to travel in so I hate it! [msntongue]

pepsi
21-12-2005, 05:12
I voted no. I hate the UK winter and all that comes with it. I have always said that I should have been born in a warm climate. I love the sun and warmth and during the UK winter would love to live in the Florida climate. When I retire, Florida is certainly the place I would want to be.

LiesaAnna
21-12-2005, 12:12
i agree with you Pepsi but just once i would miss florida!! but thats in the past i spose as my kids are all grown up now!
would love to be in the warm now!!! oh blow the warm would just love to be in florida full stop!!!!!

solanasunshine
21-12-2005, 13:31
Yes we would miss the snow, especially our son. We tend to get a lot of snow where we live - if there is a few flakes anywhere you can bet that we are 10 feet under!! Have to admit though I prefer it when it snows during the school holidays so that we don't have to go out and battle our way to school down country lanes!!

Gill

chrizzy100
21-12-2005, 18:27
I remember the first time we had 4ft of snow in the USA........remembering how 1 inch would bring England to a stand still hubby took his time to dig out......only to find out work was open....and everyone else was there......the roads are clear by 5 in the morning....that makes a big diffence...in fact wind storms......bring the most trouble....closing up a lot of things....

LiesaAnna
21-12-2005, 18:36
it does make me laugh Chrizzy talking of all that snow with an avatar of Brighton seafront!!! hasnt seen any real snow in ......... oh i dont know how many years!! forget what it looks like[msnwink]

chrizzy100
21-12-2005, 21:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
it does make me laugh Chrizzy talking of all that snow with an avatar of Brighton seafront!!! hasnt seen any real snow in ......... oh i dont know how many years!! forget what it looks like[msnwink]
[/quote]

We are looking to go to the mountains for a long weekend.....log cabin or a nice hotel....(I miss room service and having a maid clean up)...log fires...lots of snow......[msnsmile2]

zazu
22-12-2005, 00:08
Don't think I'd miss it. I really don't like the cold of winter and the only time i like snow is when you want to ski, and we have to go on holiday for that most times. I would much prefer sunshine all year round

julieanne
22-12-2005, 14:30
Wouldn't miss it one little bit

resorthomerentals
22-12-2005, 17:44
I voted yes! I love the snow and playing in it with the kids. I could, however, do without the bitter cold. Anything below 20F with a stiff wind blowing is NOT any fun to play in!

Steve and Dawn
28-12-2005, 17:03
I went for the big No option. I hate being out in it, driving in it everything about it. It's nice to look at sometimes though. Still, when I want to do that I could always look at a Christmas card[msnwink][msncool]

domster
28-12-2005, 17:31
I love the snow (spend at least a month snowboarding each year), but alas never in the UK.

Nielsen
28-12-2005, 17:34
Being a viking you only get one guess what my answer was/is...... [msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
28-12-2005, 20:29
Although I like the snow, I would much rather be in the pool than building snowmen on Xmas day!

orlandodaze
29-12-2005, 06:09
What snow? Christmas day in Dublin was like a summers day .

domster
29-12-2005, 12:23
I must admitt if you have ever been on a skiing holiday and woke up when it is snowing, opening your presents it has a special feel to it.

Then once you open them and normally get bored you can go up the mountain. cool:)

ALR
24-06-2006, 22:35
I don't like driving in it but seeing the little ones faces when they see it can't be missed[msnsmile]

ALR

Kazzie
25-06-2006, 00:24
Would I miss snow? No, not at all. Give me sunshine any day, especially the Florida sunshine.[msnwink]

I hate snow, my daughter loves it, but I am afraid I am just miserable in the winter[msnsad]

Karen

ShirleyD
25-06-2006, 00:32
I remember the first time we had 4ft of snow in the USA........remembering how 1 inch would bring England to a stand still hubby took his time to dig out......only to find out work was open....and everyone else was there......the roads are clear by 5 in the morning....that makes a big diffence...in fact wind storms......bring the most trouble....closing up a lot of things....
[/quote]
But remember in England, we always have the wrong type of snow (leaves, rain etc)

I voted yes, but I don't actually remember the last time we had snow at Christmas!

jackie greaves
25-06-2006, 01:55
I voted no. Much as I love snow, it never snows on Christmas Day anyway and we are always in Florida at Christmas.[msnsmile2]

tony2000
04-09-2010, 18:22
Don`t think I would miss the snow as I like a bit of heat.
Tracy

Jill
04-09-2010, 19:39
With autumn and then winter just around the corner I wonder how much snow we will get this year?

Last year we had a white Christmas in Sheffield which was very pretty and great fun playing ultimate frisbee in the snow then using them as sledges as we did not have any. Think I still prefer the no snow option only because the train companies seem to think it is a good excuse to downgrade an already poor service, the buses stopped running some days and we had no post for 4 days as it was 'too dangerous for the postman to get out'!

chrizzy100
05-09-2010, 02:48
Jill I remember our first MA winter we woke up to about 18 inches of snow hubby phoned work to find everyone already there...he thought it would be closed..its only closed once when we had a blizzard..can't wait for the cooler weather to be honest ..its been so humid this summer I did not leave the house for 3 weeks..

Lyn
07-09-2010, 02:29
I love to look at snow on the garden when the only footsteps in it are from the birds. I hate going out in it, but now I have retired I don't have to go out for days if I don't want to. I would love to be in Florida for Christmas, but the question was for living in Florida, you would then have no chance of seeing snow, it amazed me how even though they don't see snow they still associate it with Christmas, with fake snowmen etc as part of their Christmas decorations. When we visited Sea World just before Christmas they had fake snow falling as we left the park.

chrizzy100
07-09-2010, 19:22
As we left FL last year the frost was so thick it looked like snow..that was very early in the morning..but it was colder when we left FL then when we got to MA..

7165red
08-09-2010, 03:38
I could live without snow, I live in the Syracuse NY area and do we get snow. The only time I enjoyed snow at xmas was went I was a child. We love Orlando at xmas and really enjoy the decorations at Disney. Our villa owner really decorates for the holidays with 2 trees inside and lights out side. It really can't get better than that. I like the snow at HS Osbourne lights,just perfect.

VIOLET
08-09-2010, 06:06
I would not miss the snow - Florida sunshine at Xmas with fake snow perfect mix... then back home to the real stuff, which although is pretty when it first falls is a pain in the neck when it freezes or slushes.