PDA

View Full Version : which seats in Virgin Premium Economy

paulm
20-12-2005, 16:39
Hi
Just booked return premium economy seats with Virgin to Orlando from Gatwick for November 2006.
Cost £990 for 2 of us as I got my wife a companion ticket for taxes only using my Virgin Flying Club miles.

I need some help with pre-booking seats
Is the upstairs cabin better than the lower deck ?
Anyone know what the better seat row numbers are ?

thanks
Paul

20-12-2005, 16:47
Paul, it depends on your own personal requirements - I like the upper deck as it is often quieter, also the front row of the upper deck is nice as you get even more leg room![msnwink]

There are only 2 rows on the lower deck for PE and most are used by passengers who can't manage the stairs.

Hope this helps[msnwink]

Macka
20-12-2005, 17:51
I agree Julie, It's a very calm cabin upstairs, and the service is always great because it's easy for the crew to move around up there I think, you'd know better than I of course.[msnwink]

Upstairs Paul for me.

Paula D-S
20-12-2005, 18:12
I've booked PE for our return trip next summer,I have prebooked upstairs seats. I was surprised as I thought they didn't allow children up there.

mizzy
20-12-2005, 18:18
Paul
if you go on virgins website and go to our story and then our fleet they show the plane layout with seat diagrams etc
or you could try [website link edited] or [website link edited] these website allow previous passengers to "rate" the seats

Mizzy

20-12-2005, 18:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
I've booked PE for our return trip next summer,I have prebooked upstairs seats. I was surprised as I thought they didn't allow children up there.
[/quote]

Children can sit in any cabin that you pay for on Virgin[msnwink]

20-12-2005, 18:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
I agree Julie, It's a very calm cabin upstairs, and the service is always great because it's easy for the crew to move around up there I think, you'd know better than I of course.[msnwink]

Upstairs Paul for me.
[/quote]

Paul I never worked on the 747 but spent many hours as a passenger up there though, it is a nice little cabin for the crew[msnwink]

Macka
20-12-2005, 18:34
(We were Club up there, raid the larder, very nice.)[msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
20-12-2005, 20:03
We usually fly Premium with Virgin and usually book the upstairs cabin, have always found that it seems more roomy than the seats downstairs, maybe an illusion.[msnsmile]

wrpac00
21-12-2005, 16:13
We have had 74 A&B on our last 2 trips, you have no one behind you.

LiesaAnna
21-12-2005, 17:06
some of us never know these things exist!![msnwink]
i always (rather ignorantly thought it was just the main deck and that was it) now to find upstairs etc etc

KJH
21-12-2005, 21:28
We have always taken the children in PE and try to have seats 79A/C 80H/K 79H

LiesaAnna
21-12-2005, 23:14
maybe i will try these seats one day!![msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
22-12-2005, 03:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
[/quote]

We treated ourselves for a special occasion 5 years ago and now only fly PE, we are lucky that Ray flies alot for work and builds up the airmiles so we can usually upgrade for free using the miles.[msnsmile2]

22-12-2005, 10:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
[/quote]

We treated ourselves for a special occasion 5 years ago and now only fly PE, we are lucky that Ray flies alot for work and builds up the airmiles so we can usually upgrade for free using the miles.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Thats the problem once you fly PE/Club/Business you cant fly economy ever again[msnwink][msnwink]

lgordon6041
22-12-2005, 12:32
I have never flown PE with Virgin. Maybe one day!! I'm quite happy with the service and value of economy but, like Julie says, once you fly in PE/First/Business you'll never go back!

julieanne
22-12-2005, 14:38
We went PE with Virgin for the first time in October and at first were disappointed that we were downstairs - but the seats were great, we had no complaints :)

Ray&Sarah
22-12-2005, 20:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats the problem once you fly PE/Club/Business you cant fly economy ever again[msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

I know Julie, Did try it once last year and hated every minute so its back to PE for me.[msnwink]:D

22-12-2005, 20:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know Julie, Did try it once last year and hated every minute so its back to PE for me.[msnwink]:D
[/quote]

We go less often but stay longer (if you know what I mean) so we can always go PE too[msnwink]

Macka
23-12-2005, 11:50
Comfy gang eh?

[msnsmile2]

wrpac00
23-12-2005, 13:58
Same here, did it a few years ago and now wouldn't sit anywhere else. The fact that we have had two companion fares the past two years has helped greatly and now with our Virgin credit card (have got 13000+ miles in 3 months) it should stand us in good stead for flying PE for the foreseeable future.

Steve and Dawn
27-12-2005, 21:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
Same here, did it a few years ago and now wouldn't sit anywhere else. The fact that we have had two companion fares the past two years has helped greatly and now with our Virgin credit card (have got 13000+ miles in 3 months) it should stand us in good stead for flying PE for the foreseeable future.
[/quote]

Yep, we have started clocking up the miles using our card too.

Paul we prefer it upstairs too although the overhead lockers a little smaller than downstairs but not realy a problem. You can go online if you have a booking ref at virgin's website and you can see the layout and allocate your own seats. Only a percentage are available for pre booking though. You can always try for other seats if you arrive early enough at check in. We booked today and within 15 minutes our booking was available online to manage.

Ray&Sarah
27-12-2005, 21:35
We like the lockers to the side of the seats, which mean you can store your travel bag and not keep disturbing your partner for stuff out of the overhead lockers.[msnsmile2]

wrpac00
28-12-2005, 03:24
Likewise Ray & Sarah, the wife likes the lockers by the the side of the seats also.

Steve & Dawn, I booked my seats when I made my booking which was also the first day the seats went on sale. Been lucky so far[msnwink]

Stephen and Pam
13-01-2006, 01:54
we are flying PE in Jan and we also flew PE in November but downstairs will let you know what upstairs is like on return[msnsmile]

Ray&Sarah
13-01-2006, 02:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Stephen and Pam
we are flying PE in Jan and we also flew PE in November but downstairs will let you know what upstairs is like on return[msnsmile]
[/quote]

You'll love it Stephen & Pam.[msnsmile2]

Stephen and Pam
15-01-2006, 02:40
Only hope they dont mess us around again this time[msnsad]