PDA

View Full Version : Everest finished

Newhomebuyer
20-12-2005, 14:50
The trains are running on Everest and the rumours say that it will be having soft openings in January before the preview openings which are officially the last week in Jan.
Still the official opening is sounding like April.
We were there for the soft openings of Splash Mountain. It was such a surprise to be walking by thinking it wouldn't be opened for months and then to be invited to ride one of the trains there and then, no queues.
It was open for about an hour that day and then we didn't see them open it again that visit. The next time we rode we had to queue for ages because it was before they had the fast pass system.

Semper
23-12-2005, 19:39
They were running trains during our last trip in November and i managed to get a picture. you can just see a couple of people in the rear car. It seemed to take ages for the train to get to that point from its inital climb up the mountain so it might be a longer ride than your average coaster.....

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Semper/20051223153747_Everestcomp.jpg

Newhomebuyer
23-12-2005, 20:27
The track is said to be just under a mile . The first part of the journey is very slow as it makes its way upwards through the scenic part of the train trip before you encounter the thrils and spills which lie ahead.
One of the spills is an 80ft drop.
Splash mountain has only 1/2 mile of track and takes 11 minutes.

CarolAnn
23-12-2005, 21:22
Thanks for letting me know about the 80ft drop Angela[msnoo]Would love to go on it too, but sadly, dropping is no longer one of my highlights[msnwink] I am a self confessed whimp:D

LiesaAnna
23-12-2005, 21:57
same here Carol, i would love to go on this ride, but the drops dont thrill me but scare the daylights out of me!!![msneek]

Lynne S
29-12-2005, 14:40
This ride looks and sounds great, my hubby and kids will love this one, I may just have a go myself[msnwink]

Thanks for the update[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
29-12-2005, 20:26
we want to see photos Lynne!!![msnwink]

carynwillson
29-12-2005, 23:46
As a DVC member (Disney Vacation Club) we have been invited to ride Everest during its preview at the end of January, and how lucky was that, as we had already booked to go to our Villa. Can't wait, we weren't going to do much park visiting, but this is going to be a must. Will be logging on after taking part and will gladly let you know what it's like. Will take camera too!!

LiesaAnna
30-12-2005, 00:11
great looking forward to them[msnwink]

george
30-12-2005, 00:38
Really looking forward to going on this one !!! We are at the villa in February do you think it will be open then ?

Pamela

CarolAnn
30-12-2005, 23:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by carynwillson
As a DVC member (Disney Vacation Club) we have been invited to ride Everest during its preview at the end of January, and how lucky was that, as we had already booked to go to our Villa. Can't wait, we weren't going to do much park visiting, but this is going to be a must. Will be logging on after taking part and will gladly let you know what it's like. Will take camera too!!
[/quote]
ALL the gory details please:D Any pics welcome too!![msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
31-12-2005, 13:56
My son can't wait to ride this one, think i'll offer to hold the bags etc.[msneek][msnsmile2]

carynwillson
30-01-2006, 15:21
Rode Expedition Everest on Friday, full report under other heading, not writing it again, as having problems with laptop. Unfortunately no pictures as hubby forgot camera!!!

Ray&Sarah
30-01-2006, 23:20
Will go and check out the other thread.[msnsmile2]