PDA

View Full Version : Discount for residents

markemma
19-02-2002, 15:42
Has anyone attempted a discount for florida residents producing their utility bill and passport and if so does it work?

Emma

athurstance
19-02-2002, 16:18
It does at Disney. Not tried elsewhere. We bought our tickets at Animal Kingdom and had no problems at all. We used our Florida Power bill and UK passports.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-02-2002, 16:49
What kind of discount can you expect?

John

steph_goodrum
19-02-2002, 18:01
John
I think it just depends on what offers they are doing at the time. They were doing a "play 4 days" pass for $99 which gave you 4 days park hopper tickets, plus discounts in the shops, 50% off the golf at Blizzard Beach, cheap entry to Pleasure Island, I can't remember all the things. The ones we had, had to be used by Sept 30th last year but they did reintroduce it in the winter to try to get things moving again, I don't know if they still are. Best way to find what's available is to go to www.disney.com and type Florida residents discounts in the search box and offers will be displayed.

steph

esprit
21-02-2002, 02:17
We have got discounts with a utility bill at Seaworld, Typhoon Lagoon and Gatorland. No questions asked. They did not even look at passports. It is not a regular thing however. They will do a limited time promotion for residents at each of the parks and if you are lucky, you will be there to catch it.

Julie Carty

orlandobabe
22-02-2002, 14:15
We were lucky enough to join in the play 4 days promotion last year.
I hope they are doing it this year for when we go in May. It lasted till the end of September.

We were only planning on doing 2 parks-so it was the same as a Bogof.

Hubby didn't come with us when we went to Epcot-so the next time we visited on our own-we went to AK. I handed over his 1 day unused pass-except it was the wrong one! It had been fully used. However the lady checked on her computer-found hubby's pass-saw there was only 3 days used-so hey presto-we only had to pay for me!

A useful little tip!

Orlandobabe

fiona
22-02-2002, 14:21
You might be interested to know that when we were out at Christmas at Downtown, the guy in front of me at the queue to pay was an American. He was asked if he was a resident and to produce his card, and was then given a discount on his purchase. Couldn't see the amount - there are certain things even I don't stoop to! But it did make me wonder.

Anyone with a residents pass been offered this?

I know at Universal we get a discount on all purchases and nearly all the restaurants at Citywalk because we have an annual season card.

Fiona

orlandobabe
22-02-2002, 14:25
Just seen a posting on top forums that it looks like they are doing something similar to the play 4 days.

It lasts till June 7th-which is great for us.

At all of these places-you can only ask!

Orlandobabe

steph_goodrum
22-02-2002, 14:31
Orlandobabe.
I also posted on here under "Disney Discounts" yesterday, to say I'd found they are doing the "play 4 days" pass to June 7th, blackout dates are 23rd Narch - 6th April, so if you're not going for Easter then they could save a lot of money. Especially if they give you all the same discounts as the summer one did (it worked out when we asked at Pleasure Island if the discount could be applied against an annual pass, as well as a special they were doing - you could get an annual pass for about $32) Great if you're into that scene and what with the discount shopping as well (10%) in Disney stores and golf etc.

Babblin Boo

Ruth
06-03-2002, 02:40
I bought an annual pass last year and saved a lot on car parking. I also have a Disney Club card which gets you a dicount on park passes as well as in Disney shops in UK and US, and in the shops at Downtown Disney.

Ruth
www.golfvillasflorida.com