PDA

View Full Version : Spectromagic

orlandobabe
16-06-2003, 01:46
Saw this for the first time 3 weeks ago and I thought it was magnificent. True the music wasn't as catchy as the music for Electrical Light Parade-but it easily matched it spectacle for spectacle.

mikewj
16-06-2003, 03:04
Got to agree, its not as good as the Main Street Electrical Parade (which has more of the famous characters), but its still worth staying for.

We usually catch it near its end in Frontierland, the crowds seem to be a lot less up by the rifle range.

sunshine state
19-06-2003, 15:30
yes spectromagic is good but after you i saw it the first time i went off on all the rides whilst it was on.

Nostromo
23-07-2003, 13:43
We want to combine our visit to the Polynesian Luau Dinner Show with seeing the SpectroMagic parade if possible. We're going to the Polynesian Resort on a Friday evening and so, the chances are good that there will be a SMP that night. I have heard that one can get very good views of the parade from the Polynesian Resort, especially with priority seating. What I cannot decide is whether to go to the 5:15 show and then wander across the lake closer to the SPM as it starts or try to see it from our table during the later dinner show. Any suggestions?

orlandobabe
26-07-2003, 03:58
We went to Ohanas in the Polynesian on a Friday night.

I'm not sure where the Luai is held but I honestly wouldn't have thought you would see a parade from that distance.

We could see the castle from the restaurant-but it was a good way in the distance. True you would have seen the fireworks-but I'm not sure about a parade.

You're not thinking of the water pageant on the 7 seas lagoon? You can certainly see that no problem from the Polynesian. It comes on around 9pm and last for about 10-15minutes!

jen
26-07-2003, 11:46
Hi Orlandobabe

We have been wanting to visit Ohana's please tell us what's it like and is it OK for kids (8&5)

Thanks
Jen

orlandobabe
27-07-2003, 00:04
We thought it was excellent. We went on our last night and it really had the holiday finishing with a bang-instead of a whimper-last minute painting etc

It's $25 for adults-I'm not sure how much for children. You get a tray of starters. There was a fruit dish, rice dish, some wings etc and then they bring to your table some prawns, steak and pork all cooked on an open barbecue/pit thing.

They kept doing little games for the children.

We had a window seat-and could see the water pageant and the castle-so on a fireworks night-you would see them too.

Ohanas-is polynesian for family apparently.

No dessert is included-they are about $5 extra.

SunLover
28-07-2003, 07:24
Nostromo

I am sure OB is right. I can't think how you would be able to see SpectroMagic unless you were actually inside the MK itself. (On busy nights it's hard enough to see it if even you are inside !) :D

Whatever you decide, it's well worth seeing, and the kids love it. (Watch out for the spinning fish !);)

Nostromo
29-07-2003, 14:10
quote:Originally posted by orlandobabe

I'm not sure where the Luau is held but I honestly wouldn't have thought you would see a parade from that distance.

We could see the castle from the restaurant-but it was a good way in the distance. True you would have seen the fireworks-but I'm not sure about a parade.

You're not thinking of the water pageant on the 7 seas lagoon? You can certainly see that no problem from the Polynesian. It comes on around 9pm and last for about 10-15minutes!

Of course you are right! My mistake. I WAS thinking of the Water Pageant. As for Spectromagic, I'll use my "Contemporary Con" trick.