PDA

View Full Version : Dipping Dots

MRKW
12-06-2003, 14:28
Just returned form Florida has any body tried Dipping Dots ICE CReam, ice cream made to look like, wait for it, DOTS!!![:p]

Kids loved it, on the 192 has an outlet that does all the flavours you can think of, even try before you buy! small, medium, large & BUCKET size portion

Also available in some of the parks

Wonder if they will get over here!! could be a good franchise idea?

steph_goodrum
12-06-2003, 15:09
We tried them at the Tampa Bay Aquarium last year, both my daughter and I really liked them but hubbie said they'd never beat Mr. Whippy in his eyes. I'm sure they'll be appearing in all the parks and cinemas soon, can't wait and with al the different flavours we should never get bored of them.

blott
12-06-2003, 15:31
They sound very similar to something we had at the Kennedy Space Center in what must have been 1995 or 1996 only then it was called space dots ice cream! They only had vanilla then but it was pretty tasty as I remember and great novelty value!

fiona
12-06-2003, 16:22
You can get them in Iceland but it is under a different name. My girls adore these and make a beeline for the counters wherever they are!

steph_goodrum
12-06-2003, 18:52
Fiona is that the shop or country? If it's the shop guess where I'll be tomorrow?:D

esprit
12-06-2003, 19:48
They sell them already at IOA. We bought them from a vendor while waiting for the Sinbad show.

fiona
12-06-2003, 19:58
Shop of course Steph!! I'll ask Pips what they are called when I pick her up later on this afternoon.

steph_goodrum
12-06-2003, 20:28
Thanks Fiona
Although chances are our branch won't have them as it's not very big and I'm sure I'd have spotted them if they do them. Ice cream and chocolate are 2 sections I don't mind browsing round.

fiona
12-06-2003, 22:22
My experts say they are called Space Dots and are not as good as dipping dots;)

Chris7
12-06-2003, 22:56
I have no idea if this is the same thing ("ice cream made to look like, wait for it, DOTS!!!" isn't very descriptive), but you can get "Spotty Dogs" Ic ecream (choc dots in Vanilla) and "Muddy Pigs" (pink chocolate pigs in chocolate ice cream) here in the UK

florida4sun
12-06-2003, 23:50
I love he stuff. Who ever invented it is making a frtune. Basicly your buying nothing but a spoonful of cream and sugar (due to the amout of air), but it sure tastes good[:p]

quote:Originally posted by MRKW

Just returned form Florida has any body tried Dipping Dots ICE CReam, ice cream made to look like, wait for it, DOTS!!![:p]

Kids loved it, on the 192 has an outlet that does all the flavours you can think of, even try before you buy! small, medium, large & BUCKET size portion

Also available in some of the parks

Wonder if they will get over here!! could be a good franchise idea?

MRKW
13-06-2003, 02:54
OK OK how else do you describe ice cream that resembles DOTS??. I will go and search in ICELAND, the shop, and see if we can get them over here ( UK ). Nice to see other people have experienced them, wife says she didn't know heaven[}:)] came in such small pieces, i am now off to lie down in a dark room!!!!!

chrizzy100
13-06-2003, 03:20
quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum

We tried them at the Tampa Bay Aquarium last year, both my daughter and I really liked them but hubbie said they'd never beat Mr. Whippy in his eyes. I'm sure they'll be appearing in all the parks and cinemas soon, can't wait and with al the different flavours we should never get bored of them.

Don't you DARE....talk about Mr.Whippy......in front of someone whos lived in the States over 3 years now.....LOL.......:D

steph_goodrum
13-06-2003, 03:30
AT LAST!!! We have something to get our own back when you all talk about life in the Sunshine State.:D:D
MRKW I described them as looking like multi coloured polystyrene beads that you'd find in bean bags....but much tastier.

chrizzy100
16-06-2003, 03:51
quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum

AT LAST!!! We have something to get our own back when you all talk about life in the Sunshine State.:D:D
MRKW I described them as looking like multi coloured polystyrene beads that you'd find in bean bags....but much tastier.

We used to get Mr Whippy's in the B&Q car park every Sunday afternoon..... gezzz...we needed a life back then......:D [:o)]

fiona
16-06-2003, 04:07
We used to get Mr Whippy's from the ice cream vans. Why doesn't it taste as good as we remembered? I can also remember having a real treat - a slice of walls vanilla ice cream in a wafer.

Carla
16-06-2003, 17:16
If you find yourself anywhere near Milton Keynes, then there is a Dippin' Dots in the shopping centre.

Biggus
16-06-2003, 19:37
Thanks Carla,
I only live in Bedford (about 20 miles away) so will pop over this weekend - actually I've got to go back to the American Express place in MK to change my wifes travellers cheques back into real money!! Perfecto excuso!!!
That has made my day - I am having a **** day in work today!!!

chris
17-06-2003, 18:02
They also sell the dots ice cream in the cafe in Hamleys in Regents Street.

timmy
29-06-2003, 23:00
Does anyone know where Dippin Dots is on the 192? Help.

blott
30-06-2003, 03:18
Timmy, they have a website at http://www.dippindots.com and it's at 5487 (wherever that is!) but you can email them!

For those on a diet, they do non-fat and even non-fat no sugar versions - yippee! [8D] You can even email them a flavour/flavor idea...

I just discovered they're at Kennedy Space Center so they're almost certainly the ones we had back in 1996.

MRKW
30-06-2003, 14:04
IF you are heading towards Disney then they are after the big WIZARD shop ( Can't miss it ) but before the water park, on your side.

timmy
30-06-2003, 22:32
thanks everyone.

Shame I've got to wait till Xmas to try them!