PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Island

Gouldie
12-06-2003, 01:33
Hi

Anyone on this site own or going to on EI. There is lot's of bad press about PSH on another forum, but we know that we have made the right decision about buying here. We are hoping our place will start in Nov this year, and be ready May 04.

Carla
12-06-2003, 02:15
If you're happy with Emerald Island and it has what you want, then don't worry about what others say. The homes on EI are renting well and the development is lovely.

The gripe on the other forum is with the actual builder, Park Square Homes, and the way in which they conduct business with owners and the "lack of truth" over completion dates amongst other things, not with the homes themselves (which are very good) or the development.

I hope that your build is plain sailing. :D:D

neilandkay
13-06-2003, 20:03
EI is a beautiful development

I am sure that no single builder is perfect and some people will have bad experiences with them, some people will have good experiences.

I would recommend that you keep in touch with PSH homes and your realtor as to how your construction is going. You won't hear much until it starts.

I would also recommend that if possible you plan to attend the pre-closing walk through and get a certified house inspector to inspect the home for you before closing. The home inspector will pick up things you will miss (more to do with build quality). You will probably pick up more asthetic things. Make sure any repairs/touch ups are done before completion.

PSH should send you a card to tell you when they will start construction. Completion date can vary because of circumstances. If the weather is bad, that may delay closing. If they have no problems, you may close early. I would recommend not having anyone booked into your home close to closing date until you know a definite closing date. Always allow yourself plenty of time to furnish the home, especially if you will be going out there to add extra touches. We spent a week adding finishing touches to our home and didn't have any spare time at all. (That did include finding and trying to get some items sorted out that should have been picked up at the pre-closing walk through - which we didn't attend :( )

Get your realtor to give you monthly updates on the build including photographs so you can see you home being constructed. It helps let you know that things are progressing.

Also don't leave deciding on furniture and planning your advertising / website etc till the last minute. There can be a lot to do and we were (and still are) amazed at how much time that all took up.

Hope these suggestions help,

-Kay

chrizzy100
13-06-2003, 20:38
quote:Originally posted by Gouldie

Hi

Anyone on this site own or going to on EI. There is lot's of bad press about PSH on another forum, but we know that we have made the right decision about buying here. We are hoping our place will start in Nov this year, and be ready May 04.

I think you have to be happy with your home....if you have that feeling with yours I would trust it..... the odd thing may go wrong.....and people are trying to help by telling you what went wrong when they were buying.....its like having a baby...we love telling a new mother to be.. about the pain...and nearly dying stuff....hehehehehe.....I have tons of good stories in that dept if anyones having a first baby...LOL

I always go with a gut feeling.....good or bad....:)
I think the people here are great at giving out good info...and sometimes I ask a question and feel very blonde after getting their answers..[:I]...so I would pick everyones brains.....and then make up my own mind.....but to me it looks like you already did that and are more than happy so far.....:)