PDA

View Full Version : Referrals

taffy
27-11-2005, 20:31
Villa feedback.
If you stayed in a villa which had pool/jacuzzi/games room and you were more than happy with it, would you mind emailing me with the details.
At the moment we are going round in circles trying to find our villa for 2 weeks Sept 06
Many thanks
Taffy

blott
27-11-2005, 21:29
Taffy, people aren't allowed to do this!

If you've already made an enquiry on one/all of the three websites at the top of each forum page, all you have to do is choose one that you like - they're all pretty nice but there must be one that jumps out at you and says 'rent me' in a loud voice?

Steviek
27-11-2005, 21:37
Why dont you put a general enquiry out from the 3 sites from here. there will be a lot that meet your criteria and you can be sure if you choose 1 from here it has been verified and will be of a good standard

taffy
27-11-2005, 21:46
Thanks for the replies.
I did put a request out on the site and had over 200 emails. Which was great, so i started ploughing through and deleting ones that was not suitable and kept the ones that were of interest.
Only i did a stupid thing, i decided to tidy up my mail box and deleted the ones that i wanted to keep!!!
So i'm back to square one.
Can i ask why owners are not able to email people who have requested referrals
Regards
Taffy

LiesaAnna
27-11-2005, 22:02
what about non owners? are we allowed to mention in dms about villas? dont want to do without say so!!

blott
27-11-2005, 22:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by taffy
Thanks for the replies.
I did put a request out on the site and had over 200 emails. Which was great, so i started ploughing through and deleting ones that was not suitable and kept the ones that were of interest.
Only i did a stupid thing, i decided to tidy up my mail box and deleted the ones that i wanted to keep!!!
So i'm back to square one.
Can i ask why owners are not able to email people who have requested referrals
Regards
Taffy[/quote]Whoops! What a disaster!

The reason owners aren't allowed to suggest their accommodation via the forum is because you may get people who don't advertise on the OV websites replying to you (and are therefore not verified owners of the property). This is very important to the integrity of the sites and the websites' owners do a lot of work to ensure that everyone who advertises a home is, in fact, the owner of that home.

We not only like to be very fair to potential guests but also to all advertisers so DMing info about the homes you've stayed in (just because you happen to be a member of the forum) isn't very fair to other home owners whose guests perhaps aren't part of the forum I wouldn't have thought.

Taffy, if you want to DM me your dates and email address, I can post it in the Advertisers part of the forum and ask anyone who sent you a reply originally to do so again. Either that or it's make another enquiry I guess.

Ana
28-11-2005, 00:23
Oh dear!
It will be well worth you putting another enquiry through the system. There is a space on the enquiry form for comments where you could briefly explain what has happened. Happy searching :D

Ruth
28-11-2005, 01:06
Why don't you enquire again but specifically ask for only those that fit your criteria to reply to your request. September is a relatively quiet time so there will still be a few to choose from.