PDA

View Full Version : upgrade

big peachy
27-11-2005, 02:03
Wondering if anyone can help?Ive booked a flydrive with Vigin got a car which was explained to me as the same size as a vauxhall vectra over here.After reading through the various threads on the board im wanting to upgrade to a bigger moter[?]i like these 7 seater cars although there is only 3 of us i want to do my fly drive with a bit of style being a bit of a petrol head.Any info how much to upgrade for a bigger car and what do they offer.Swivell seats something with all the bells and whistles.Now i can just see me driving in the Sunshine state crusing in something like the Ateam van[msncool][msncool][msncool]Comments welcome

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-11-2005, 03:36
If you had booked car hire with us then the upgrade would be very easy and just the incremental cost of the upgrade. I can't speak for other car hire suppliers though[msnsad]

LiesaAnna
27-11-2005, 03:49
see said to book through here, helpful as ever!! ring the travel agents and ask! maybe they will point you in the right direction?

solanasunshine
27-11-2005, 16:12
We were on a fly drive through my travel in October and upgraded at the airport from the basic car (smaller than the one you seem to be having) to a seven seater stow and go which cost about $290 (£164) for 1 week.

It was a lovely car with sat nav, electric drivers seat, electric side doors, digital radio and front and rear air conditioning controls - there was only 3 of us but we did need extra space for taking boxes to the villa however our son loved having his own seat with arm rests and which he could recline while we decided which Walmart to go to next!

A thirsty beast though(the car not our son)!

wrpac00
27-11-2005, 20:13
Thing is you can get a seven seater for £169 for the week.

Snapper
27-11-2005, 23:29
Hi Big Peachy,

When you call Virgin to check on the cost of the upgrade be really really sure that they are including all the insurances and other fees that can often eeek out of the woodwork. The travel cos are getting better at making their prices transparent these days but some of them still occasionally throw a real spanner in the works when you try to do anything outside the original package.

Keep in mind the car hire costs from the attached site when you do your comparisons. It sounds crazy but it often works out more cost effective to not take the hire car included with the fly-drive package and instead organise your own car hire. I know, it's difficult to believe, but it does happen.

The Jeep Cherokee is my personal fave. I drove one from Las Vegas to Florida (taking the scenic route) just about this time last year. Loved it to bits.