PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Villa required that accepts Dogs!

schnaufer
11-06-2003, 02:51
I am having a difficult time searching for a fenced/walled villa in a nice, possibly gated community that allows pets. Perhaps this is just not allowed in any villa in the Disney World environs.

Do you have any advice for me? One of my dogs is a mini schnauzer -small but fat - and the other is a huge, albeit friendly german shepherd.

Thank you.

Julie

fiona
11-06-2003, 03:04
Julie I do not know of anyone who does allow pets in their villa. Although I have 2 large hairy dogs (old english sheepdogs) and a cat at home in the UK, I have so many requests regarding allergies that it is better to just not allow pets. Plus to be honest, I am not sure how my animals would react in a strange environment left to their own devices most of the day.

There is a posting on kennels which I shall have a look for and post on here.

steph_goodrum
11-06-2003, 11:16
We always advise guests who ask us that they are probably better looking for kennels close to home rather than take the pets away on possibly quite a long journey to an unfamiliar place. That way you can check out the place where you are leaving them and even maybe take the dogs over a couple of times to see how the staff interact with them and then you can be assured they will be comfortable.
We decided from the outset that pets and smoking would not be allowed as both my husband and daughter suffer from asthma and my daughter from excema so we wanted to keep the environment as clear as possible for when we went home, we have several other guests who have allergies as well.
It is not always possible to predict how pets are going to react in a strange environment, particularly if they are left alone whilst you are out at parks etc.

janny
11-06-2003, 12:18
Is this the place Fiona

http://www.basspetmotel.com/

steph_goodrum
11-06-2003, 12:55
Sorry Julie
I realised from your other posting , which I read after this, that you are looking to stay for 4 months so a kennel would work out quite expensive for that length of stay.

fiona
11-06-2003, 12:59
I did the same Steph! I am sure I have read somewhere that some owners with animals themselves allow them. I shall have to trawl through TF as I am sure I saw it on there.