PDA

View Full Version : discount for extended stay?

jminmaine
25-11-2005, 16:49
Hi all,

We are thinking about booking a villa for two full weeks in March, instead of our usual mix of one villa week plus several overpriced nights in a cramped WDW hotel room. ;)

Is 2 weeks considered an extended stay, and if so, are there ever discounts for booking a longer stay? We are trying to decide whether to try two different villas in two different communities, or one villa for the whole trip.

By the way, I realize the answer to this question depends on individual owners, time of year, and bookings level, and I don't expect everyone to agree on this one, but I am just trying to get a sense of what a few owners think. Thank you!

Cruella DeVilla
25-11-2005, 16:55
Ok honest answer from me 2 weeks is not an extended stay and I would not give you a discount for 2 weeks or 2 months, others might but as you say it is an individual thing.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-11-2005, 17:07
Me neither. The mortgage company and utility companies do not give me any discounts so I cannot pass any on otherwise I'm out of pocket and helping fund someone's vacation [msnsad].

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Ok honest answer from me 2 weeks is not an extended stay and I would not give you a discount for 2 weeks or 2 months, others might but as you say it is an individual thing.
[/quote]

CERICROWLEY
25-11-2005, 17:08
Jessica

I think most owners here do not consider two weeks an extended stay as CDV as said. Its down to personal choice whether to say in one villa or try two.

March is a pretty popular time and some owners will already be booked for this time next year. Maybe the only sort of discount you would be likely to get right at the moment is if some owners have not put there prices up for next year. I wouldn't leave it to long to decide as the range of homes available may be getting shorter.

neild292
25-11-2005, 17:14
I would not say 2 weeks is an extended stay; i do give a discount but only if people book for 3 weeks or more

kaysvacationvilla
25-11-2005, 17:30
We do not consider a 2 week stay as extended either. We do offer a small discount if the booking is at least 3 weeks.

owen3
25-11-2005, 18:10
We also give a discount for 3 weeks or more.
Barbara

wrpac00
25-11-2005, 18:11
We also give a small discount for 3 a week booking or longer.

Chloe
25-11-2005, 18:27
I am sorry, but I would not consider 2 weeks to be extended, in fact it is quite the 'norm'. I have to say that I would not give any discount either for 3 weeks or more. There really are too many bills to be paid. Chloe

luckylady
25-11-2005, 18:28
Sorry but a 2 weeks is not an extended stay. I would not give you a discount for 2 weeks.
I wouldn't give any discount for peak dates if you stayed 4 weeks.
I may discount the cleaners fee if you stayed 3 weeks in January.Sorry not what you wanted to here you could be lucky some homeowner may discount you but not me [msnwink][msnwink]

chris c
25-11-2005, 18:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kaysvacationvilla
We do not consider a 2 week stay as exteded either. We do offer a small discount if the booking is at least 3 weeks.
[/quote]

Ditto!!

ahagan
25-11-2005, 18:49
As others have said I do not discount because bills and expenses on the villa are very high.

blott
25-11-2005, 18:52
Two weeks is the 'normal' period for people from the UK for their vacations so it's not considered an extended stay.

If you normally spend time in a WDW hotel, the price of a vacation home for an additional week will be a discount in itself anyway (as well as having loads more space and freedom)!

jminmaine
25-11-2005, 19:14
Thank you everyone. I had thought the answer would be "no" and it seems to be. Still not sure whether we will split the stay between two villas, but when looking at one I will just mentally "double" the 1 week prices on your websites when I am budgeting for the trip.

CarolAnn
25-11-2005, 19:16
Think you have your answer re "extended stay". With regard to moving communities mid stay, again a personal choice i would say, but IMHO, think I would enjoy my trip more if I set up base camp in my first choice and enjoyed my trip from there[msncool]To be honest, I must say, i am not really a keep moving sort of person these days[msnwink] I would consider what you think are the benefits of moving villa communities within the same area:)

TINAPETERS
25-11-2005, 19:32
Bear in mind the check-in and check-out times.
Many homes will have a check out time of 10 or 11 am and you may not be able to check in to the next home until 4 pm.
This is OK if you are travelling around but if you are staying in the Orlando area you will have to keep your luggage in the car for the day.

Newhomebuyer
25-11-2005, 20:06
If you are staying in the Orlando area then I would recommend 2 weeks in the same villa. They are all so great that once you have been there for a few days, it will feel like home and you won't want to move.
Make sure you choose the right villa in the first place by using one of the links at the top of this page and then you can't go wrong.

qunlu
25-11-2005, 20:37
Sorry but a 2 weeks is not an extended stay for us. I would not give you a discount for 2 weeks. We will give discount for 4 weeks or long.

Linicia
26-11-2005, 00:28
Cannot quite understand why you would want the hassle of packing and unpacking twice. For me it's the worst part of a holiday.

Absolutely no discount for a two week stay - as many of the other owners have said, it's a normal length if stay. Bills still have to be covered by the owner, and to be very honest, most owners have no need to discount at all as they get booked up quickly as their homes are such value for money anyway. Try booking a villa of comparable size in Portugal and see the prices you would have to pay.

ellie
26-11-2005, 00:42
No discounts from us either. Our UK guests usually book 2 weeks, so two weeks is very much the 'norm.' The cost of even a modest hotel in comparison with all the luxury and space of renting a villa is much higher, so as others have said, villas are wonderful value. We do not take bookings of less than 2 weeks at peak times, either, as these times are so popular.

To offer discounts would mean that we would have to cut corners, and we would not want to compromise on giving our guests the very best holiday ever. In the scale of things, when you add together all the costs of a holiday in Orlando, the cost of renting a villa is a very small part. However, the sort of accommodation you book can have a massive effect on the enjoyment of your holiday. It is just not worth taking the risk.

dawn burley
26-11-2005, 04:36
Another thing to consider is that after one week you will have got to know the local area , shops and directions to the attractions from that particular villa. You would then have to go through this all again if you stayed in a different community.

chrisflowers
26-11-2005, 16:33
If I was renting someone else's villa, I would prefer to stay in one place the whole time if possible for the reasons mentioned.

I only give a small discount for long stays over 3 weeks, but you cannot give more as it costs quite a lot to keep a villa looking like new and updated with all the latest things, and wear and tear from long staying guests tends to be more, not less of a problem.

Your stay is normal for most of our guests. We will each give you our best price, but don't forget, you always get what you pay for, especially if you rent from an owner advertising on this site.

jminmaine
26-11-2005, 16:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]We will each give you our best price, but don't forget, you always get what you pay for, especially if you rent from an owner advertising on this site.

[/quote]

I know -- the prices are very reasonable -- unbelievably low, actually, if you compare them to renting homes in my area (coast of Maine/mountains in Maine) or many other places in the U.S.

Thanks everyone, for the helpful replies!

26-11-2005, 20:23
We normally stay for 3-4 weeks and normally get a small discounts for that length of stay plus also for a return booking[msnwink]

stabard
28-11-2005, 00:28
I would guess the onlyu advantage to splitting your stay were if you were going to sya the Orlando area and then perhapes the Gulf Coast. This option is quite popular.

Ana
28-11-2005, 01:21
I personally wouldn't want to move somewhere within the same area by choice. I would only do this if I couldn't get the home I wanted for the full 2 weeks. As long as you book early enough you should have plenty of lovely homes to choose from.
Happy hunting :D