PDA

View Full Version : Not that new, but not added Forum for ages!

jpeachornby
10-06-2003, 16:42
Hi everyone,

I'm Jo from Nottingham. Been with the Forum for ages but I haven't added anything for a while. I have been reading all the messages though.

We are off to John & Sarah's villa six weeks on Saturday and I can't wait!! Been to Orlando twice before, first in 1990 and then in 2000. Not been in July before.

Done all the parks previously (not Islands of Adventure though). We tend to eat in Ponderosa but may try Sweet Tomato this time as I have been to Slimming World for ages and don't want to put too much weight on as I am getting married in February 2004!!

Hope I haven't rattled on too much. Look forward to all your replies.

[:I]

bellaepovera
10-06-2003, 17:53
Have a very nice holiday.. and congrats on your upcoming marriage!! And welcome back to the forums..

caroline
10-06-2003, 18:10
Hi Jo

Welcome back! and congratulations on your forthcoming marriage:)
Have a great holiday and don't forget to tell us all about it on your return[8D]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-06-2003, 18:19
Hello Jo

Nice to see you on the forums again. I'm sure you will have a great time in Florida - wish we were going sooner - we have to wait until December to go :(.

gale
10-06-2003, 19:25
Hi jo lucky you on your forthcomming hols. try the outback for steaks and while there try the bloomin onion i have dreams still about the meals there:) and forget keeping your weight the same i put on a stone in a month while out there:( and have only just got back to my pervious weight[:I] although i must admit i am a sweet tooth and the portions over there are MASSIVE:Dso dont worry dig in[:I]

jpeachornby
11-06-2003, 12:42
Thanks for your lovely replies and your congrats for our wedding.

I know that I will put lots of weight on whilst there as I too have a sweet tooth (and savoury and everything else!!!)

Kissyme
11-06-2003, 14:59
Hi Jo why dont u have a red day for two weeks,ha ha that would`nt be hard with all the steak houses out in Fl.I found that because we were doing so much walking that I never put on a pound even though I ate non-stop in fact my jaw began to ache with all the chewing.Good luck for your wedding and I`m sure you will look lovely on the day even if there are a few xtra pounds here and there

chrizzy100
11-06-2003, 23:14
quote:Originally posted by Kissyme

Hi Jo why dont u have a red day for two weeks,ha ha that would`nt be hard with all the steak houses out in Fl.I found that because we were doing so much walking that I never put on a pound even though I ate non-stop in fact my jaw began to ache with all the chewing.Good luck for your wedding and I`m sure you will look lovely on the day even if there are a few xtra pounds here and there

I always lose 10lbs or so in Orlando.....all day walking I put that down too....and it being too hot to eat much.......

jpeachornby
12-06-2003, 12:54
I can still manage to eat when it is red hot!! Got so used to it doing the Slimming World plans! Hopefully should be OK. Need to keep off the homemade cookies and ice cream!!!

fiona
12-06-2003, 13:09
I usually lose weight in Florida as well! Eat loads of salads and drinking water - well the odd cocktail as well!

blott
12-06-2003, 15:25
Ah, Jo, but did you know you can get sugar free ice cream and cookies? Albertson's sell the best ice cream and you can get the cookies in most supermarkets... :D

jpeachornby
12-06-2003, 16:41
Tell me more!!

Where's Albertsons?

We only tend to eat breakfast and tea but go to Ponderosa's for both! Sometimes have an ice cream at lunchtime in the parks too.

blott
12-06-2003, 17:05
The Albertson's I know is on John Young Parkway at the corner with Highway 192. As you're staying at Crescent Lakes, it's easy... Turn left out of the main entrance and right at the traffic light junction with the 17/92. Continue on that road but look out for Oak Street which is a traffic light crossing. Not far past there, on the left, is Albertson's supermarket (it lays back a bit in a shopping mall but check for the stores sign by the roadside). The shopping mall is opposite a large garage/gas station. The ice cream section is in the left front of the store...

Tip - we bring back sugar free cookies to the UK as you can't get them here! :D

BTW, you can often get reduced fat American muffins in Dunkin' Donuts stores and their bagels with light cheese are also good for dieting...

Some restaurants also do reduced fat and no sugar added pies to die for so look out for those too!

jpeachornby
16-06-2003, 12:43
Thanks Blott. Will have to look for that. Only five weeks on Saturday!!!!:D:D

jpeachornby
08-07-2003, 16:45
I've got my tickets from Virgin today!!!!

Only two weeks on Saturday!!:D Can't wait. Want to start my packing now!!

;)[:I]