PDA

View Full Version : Pool/Spa

taffy
22-11-2005, 17:31
Please can someone clarify.
When booking a villa with pool/spa or jacuzzi for Sept 06 do you need pool heating or not.
I would have thought it would have been warm enough that time of year
Pat

berni_richards
22-11-2005, 17:41
some of our guests do and some dont we were over this september and I would say we needed it though most owners say from October it just depends if your group requires it to be hot or warm.

Does your villa have a pool blanket some do some dont they help keep the heat in but it is up to you if you think your group needs heat or not.

SteveW
22-11-2005, 18:04
Hi Pat

In the grand scheme of things and costs associated with holidaying in Florida I personally would take the pool heat in September. The pool may be warm enough but this is a guarantee of your enjoyment.

If you do not intend using the pool regularly then I would say leave the Pool Heat.

It's a personal choice, but I would say Yes.

Why not setup a POLL where people can vote... just click on "New Poll" item instead on "new topic"

Macka
22-11-2005, 18:08
Yea go on Pat!

I wil if you won't[msnsmile2]

CERICROWLEY
22-11-2005, 18:41
Pat

It depends whether you are travelling with children, or your own peference.

I have my heat on all year, as the kids like it warm, and I like to delve into the spa late at night, and it is beautifully warm.

If you are going to use the spa in the eveing. YES, if you are going to use the pool a lot and are a bit of a wimp with the cold. YES.

If none of the above apply, Dont bother.

ahagan
22-11-2005, 18:58
We have pool heating on when we go out in July/August. Even when the sun is directly on the pool, it can feel a bit cool and with young kids we like the pool heated. Its down to personal preference.

owen3
22-11-2005, 19:54
I always have it on, just to take the chill off.
Barbara

Jo
22-11-2005, 20:32
Some villas have a spa , so you can choose to heat just the spa and not the pool if you prefer.

LiesaAnna
22-11-2005, 20:42
we needed pool heating when we were over in sept/oct, but the commuanl pool we also used was warm enough but hey when we had 94' we didnt want to hot, but when the sun slopes off its needed!!

sundowner
22-11-2005, 21:29
I would say yes. When we went out a couple of years ago the owners (not from this site) told us that we probably would not need it - but the pool felt VERY cool. We asked the MC's to put heat on for us but for some reason they could not. Even as a family of adults we did not spend very much time in the pool. I will always have heat on now as I have learnt my lesson.

ellie
22-11-2005, 23:33
We always have the heat on whenever we go out to our villa - last time was August. It makes such a difference as, being a total wimp, I hate cold pools. In fact, the pool can seem even cooler in hot weather because of the temeperature difference.

We have never had anyone regret having the pool heat on, but some who have changed their minds and wished they had had it put on for their arrival.:)

Paula D-S
23-11-2005, 00:53
We always have the pool heat on, but, mainly because we travel with little ones(under 5)

Ruth
23-11-2005, 01:24
We always have our pool/spa heat on even in July/August and it is set on 90 as I won;t go in if the water feels cold[msnembarrased]

Snapper
23-11-2005, 01:45
Deffo have the pool heat.

It just wouldn't be the same in the spa with a cold beer if it wasn't 100 degrees; and no amount of sunshine is going to achieve that.

E. Cosgrove
23-11-2005, 12:19
We were in Florida the week of 15th Sept and the pool was about 85, not too cold for serious swimming, but chilly for just "wallowing".
We did not use the blanket and did not seem to lose much heat overnight. When we were there in Nov we had heat and the temp was about 91 with the blanket being used.
As Steve says you definitely need heat for the spa whatever the time of year so if it cannot be heated independantly then you have to go for pool heat as well.

jolliffee
23-11-2005, 12:36
If its any help we had guests in Aug/Sept & Oct that all had the heater on so it's been on since start of Aug. They all said having a hot spa was magic after a hard day in the parks[msnsmile2].

dbrook
23-11-2005, 14:02
My September guests just booked the Hot Tub (free standing). They booked it a good year before going out and when they got to our villa must have forgotten they didn't book pool heat as they rang out management company to tell them the pool was cold! I think they would book pool heat next time, though the management company would have switched it on for them if they had wanted.

So if you are not sure whether to book pool heat or not you could always check with the owners if the management company would come out and turn it on if you found the pool too cold. However, do note that there is often an additional charge for this and that the pool will take approx 24 hours to warm up.

eagleydo
24-11-2005, 02:37
I must be hardy than the rest, have never had pool heating. We go Sep/Oct and I use pool every single day.

Tonish
24-11-2005, 13:14
We go in August every year and always have the pool heat on. It really does make a difference in my opinion, despite all those who say you don't need it.

The decisive factor, I think, is the difference between the outside temperature and the pool temperature and I suspect that in the hotter months you are more likely to need the heating to reduce that difference.

Tonish

neild292
25-11-2005, 16:37
I would say have it switched on as then you will definately be able to use the pool; your only other option is ask whether, if when you get out there, you need the heat turned on you can pay your villa owners MC

pieman790
25-11-2005, 17:20
Would say it goes down to your own preferance at this time of year. We have the pool heating on at what ever time of year we go. Our neighbours told us that there own pool which is not heated was too cold to swim in during the later part of October.

resorthomerentals
25-11-2005, 20:14
We also like to have the pool heat on for every trip. If you get any significant rain, the pool could cool down. Plus, if you soak in a hot Spa/Jacuzzi, you will have to pay for pool heat also. Otherwise the spa is the same temperature as the pool (unless your villa has a stand alone spa).

ShirleyCottam
30-11-2005, 02:42
I would think it would depend on how the pool/spa are heated. Our spa can be heated without putting the pool heat on, and when we were over in July, we had the spa heat on as we liked to sit in the warm spa at night. It would depend on how much sun the pool gets during the day also, as this will warm the pool.

eastcoastbranch
30-11-2005, 02:52
Must admit we have our pool heat on whenever we go over summer or winter.I can`t stand the water to be cold especially the spa, nothing worse than sitting in a cold spa it`s just not the same.
Hannah.