PDA

View Full Version : Ponderosa

dannib
08-06-2003, 21:53
We really loved this place (to start with)

You cannot get better value for money than here.

We tried Sizzlers, and the Black angus steak house (for breakfast).
But we always came back to ponderosa (on the 192)

The staff were very friendly, and always asking if you needed anything, and the food was always freshly cooked, and for $3.95 for buffet breakfast you can't go wrong, at the start of our holiday we went here every morning to set us up for a long day at the theme parks.

Towards the end of the first week we found we couldn't eat that amount for breakfast anymore, and then just bought cereal to eat in the villa.

Has anybody else eaten in here? How did you find it compared to other buffet restaurants?

blott
08-06-2003, 22:02
Yes, it's our favourite place for breakfast and we go at least once each trip over, usually on our first morning. Check out http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=319

florida4sun
09-06-2003, 06:46
I agree Ponderosa is good value for money, expecially for families. However our favaorite is IHOP for freshly cooked breakfast. The skillets are the best. The one near John Young Parkway is good.

quote:Originally posted by dannib

We really loved this place (to start with)

You cannot get better value for money than here.

We tried Sizzlers, and the Black angus steak house (for breakfast).
But we always came back to ponderosa (on the 192)

The staff were very friendly, and always asking if you needed anything, and the food was always freshly cooked, and for $3.95 for buffet breakfast you can't go wrong, at the start of our holiday we went here every morning to set us up for a long day at the theme parks.

Towards the end of the first week we found we couldn't eat that amount for breakfast anymore, and then just bought cereal to eat in the villa.

Has anybody else eaten in here? How did you find it compared to other buffet restaurants?

KingKong
09-06-2003, 20:38
Ponderosa is really a great place for breakfast.

But dont you find them monster breakfast a bit over powering?

I always feel the need to lie down for a few hours and rest rather than set me up for the day:D

Top breaky though just to good and eyes bigger than belly always set in for me so i avoid now

[:p]

dannib
12-06-2003, 00:40
must agree there, definately felt like having a rest after eating large breakfast like that, but still managed it for a good few days!!!

Took us a few days to realise we couldn't carry on eating like that every morning!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2003, 01:29
We don't go to Ponderosa as we find the food does not look (and taste!) good quality and we just did not like the tourist trap location of the one near our villa (opposite Kissimmee Old Town).

MRKW
12-06-2003, 14:25
We just returned from Florida and visited Ponderosa on the 192 just past Wall Mart then visited Golden Corral a bit further up the road, Golden Corral beats Ponderosa for quality and quantity, Dinner is all u can eat Steak ( if you want it well done then you have to wait as Americans like it rare-medium). We have 2 kids 3 & 5, 3 year old eats free but we always just said 2 adults eating, they always give you loads of plates and never question or check if the kids eat so our 5 year old got to eat free, she loved going and getting her own food!! and as much as she wanted. Always check for coupons for 10% off. Service was always cheerful and quick.