PDA

View Full Version : Disney's parade on TV

Newhomebuyer
18-11-2005, 20:03
I know you would not normally watch much TV in the villa especially at Christmas but I am sure some of you will be making Christmas dinner in the villa and if the temp is not warm enough for the pool early in the day, you may enjoy the televised Disney parade.
It is televised on Christmas morning from 10 am eastern time til 12 noon.It is on ABC channel.
We were there one year when they were recording it, it was interesting to watch the filming and to see just how long it took them just to get parts of it.

brizzle
19-11-2005, 13:32
We've seen it being filmed too, normally early December.
Good thing is everyone gets caught up in it and wants to be recorded for TV so the park is quieter once you manage to get past the Main Street USA throng.

I have some pictures of some stages they set up for it last year.

I really really missed the Christmas feel this year so from now on December for me...

Brizzle.

LiesaAnna
19-11-2005, 13:46
Brizzle we know the feeling, and the toss up between the hotter weather and christmas mood, am afraid the rest of the family want hotter weather but myself i loved the christmassy start up!!! maybe one day!!

millie
19-11-2005, 13:48
Does anyone know if there is any way of seeing this in the UK? How nice would that be at Christmas???[msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
19-11-2005, 13:54
WOuls love to be there for Christmas, maybe next year.[msnsmile2]

brizzle
19-11-2005, 14:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
Does anyone know if there is any way of seeing this in the UK? How nice would that be at Christmas???[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

The only way I could think would be if it turns up on one of the bittorrent sites after it is broadcast.
Then you could download it and watch it on your PC/ burn it to DVD.

Brizzle.

millie
19-11-2005, 17:03
Thanks will have to have a little check to see. Maybe I could try to find last years and it might give me an indication of whether it will be there for this year too. Will post if I find one!

Newhomebuyer
19-11-2005, 17:16
Here's some more information aken from one of the Buena Vista Reports

The two-hour parade special will highlight a variety of celebrity appearances and musical performances including: Star War’s Hayden Christensen; country superstar band Lonestar; acclaimed model, actress and singer Vanessa Williams; The View’s Star Jones; Mary Poppins’ Julie Andrews; golf champion Tiger Woods; award-winning actor John O’Hurley, best known for his appearance on ABC’s hit show Dancing With The Stars; sister songstresses Aly and AJ; American Idol Fantasia; tween pop group The Cheetah Girls; and young stars of Disney’s newest movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Anna Popplewell, Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes and William Moseley.

A Disney Family Tradition
In addition to the parade’s impressive list of performers, the 22nd Annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade will feature fanciful pageantry from Disney’s globally renowned theme parks, including Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California. At the heart of the show, the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade takes center stage, with Disney favorites making their way down Main Street, U.S.A., in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom.

WALT DISNEY WORLD presents
Christmas Tree float with Mickey and Minnie
Villains Car with Yzma, Kronk and Cruella
Cinderellabration at Cinderella Castle
Ice Pond float with Donald and Daisy
Princess Carriages carrying Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora with princes
Performance of Beauty and the Beast starring John O’Hurley singing Be Our Guest at Cinderella’s Castle
Power Rangers Car featuring the Power Rangers
U.S. Military Processional with remarks from President George W. Bush
Toy Factory float featuring Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye, toy soldiers and green army men
Bakeshop Factory float carrying Mrs. Claus, the gingerbread men, elves and maids
Herbie from Disney-MGM Studios’ Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show attraction
Candy House float
Sister act Aly & AJ will perform a song from the Jingle Jams CD
The Cheetah Girls to perform a song from their Cheetah-licious Christmas CD
Greetings from Tiger Woods plus others to follow
Cirque du Soleil will perform a living Christmas card spectacular
DISNEYLAND RESORT IN CALIFORNIA presents
Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams highlights the 50th anniversary of Disneyland with spectacular musical numbers featuring one of the largest casts of Disney characters ever assembled
A Christmas Fantasy Parade featuring Goofy, Chip n’ Dale, the Seven Dwarfs, Rudolph and reindeer friends plus Stitch as Santa in fun-filled Yuletide vignettes on Main Street, U.S.A.
Other Disneyland highlights include:
Space Mountain, America’s favorite Disney theme park adventure, has recently been re-Imagineered for the 21st century
A Float Fit for a Princess featuring special performances in the shadows of Sleeping Beauty Castle, which has been transformed into a “Crown Jewel” for the Park’s 50th anniversary
Disney’s Final Christmas Wish
Both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts will give a very special Christmas closing with performances of “Joy to the World” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” To celebrate Disney’s milestone year and for the first time in the parade’s history, the show will expand its final number to create an unprecedented moment including all of the parks around the world. The finale will feature an international choir with Disney theme park Cast Members from Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong joining in for Disney’s final Christmas wish.

We are definitely going next Christmas just reading this gets my Florida, Disney, Villa excitement going. I just love Florida at Christmas time.

LiesaAnna
19-11-2005, 18:36
sounds delightful!!!

Parrothead
19-11-2005, 21:54
We were lucky enough to be in the Magic Kingdom the night they were filming in 1999. We were asked to stay behind and be in the film! Took a while, but we had nothing else to do: ) We did see ourselves on Xmas morning [xmas1]