PDA

View Full Version : Hi and Avatars

MTP
08-06-2003, 04:39
Hi All,

My name is Euan and my wife and I have been across in Orlando three times now, each time staying in a Villa of a family we have now become friends of. We have two children, Caraid and Nathan. You know this feels a little bizzarely like those pen-pal letters you were made to write in school, before going on the school exchange.

Anyway, maybe that doesn't apply to everyone, besides I didn't have two kids then!!

Before we went to Orlando Aileen and I we enthusiastic independant travellers and wouldn't really have considered the whole theme park thang. However we had a weeks holidday when Caraid turned two, without her (Las Vegas - and I would highly recommend it!), so kind of felt guilty and thought we would do the whole Disney thing. The problem is, we are now hooked!

I really like the whole villa holiday idea, from being able to individually organise each component of the holiday (I have yet to find that package holidays are cheaper, or allow the extent of involvement in the decision making process) through to the fact that you have your own space. I really can't understand why you would want to have a fortnight with the kids in your bedroom, when this isn't the case at home!

Aileen and I would love to emmigrate to the States, actually probably to the New England area, although it would mean two years of further American College study to convert my qualifications (and $60,000 fees). Aileen will soon qualify in Music Therapy and the UK qualification can be recognised in the States, so this may be something we need to decide on soon.

We have been considering a villa of our own since our first trip out to Orlando and feel that it is both an indulgent luxury and a long term investment - it certainly doesn't seem to be a get rich quick scheme, or something that enables US citizenship.

I have really enjoyed the forums since finding them, and hope that my occasional ramblings help to contribute to the community.

One quick question in all of this, where do you guys get your avatars from?

Anyway, enough meandiring.

Take care and best wishes,

Euan

fiona
08-06-2003, 04:59
Euan, if you do a search on Avatars on here it should tell you how to find some and what to do.

I did a search for some Disney ones on google which is how I got mine! My youngest is a big fan of Winnie the Pooh - hence mine.

chrizzy100
08-06-2003, 05:13
New Englands beautiful....:)

The easiest and cheapest way to get the the States is to find work first....we had everything paid for by the company....right down to our greencards....one thing I'll say about living here.....always always always...have tons of savings....if you lose your job you're out the door that day..and if you have no money....than you could be in big trouble...health care stops....and that can cost you $700 a month if you're lucky and get into group payments...and you may have to find that amount out of $300 a week dole..America loves you when you have money....but its not a nice place to be if out of work even for a short time......

MTP
08-06-2003, 16:51
Guess what I got working!!

Thanks,

Euan

blott
08-06-2003, 17:35
Hi Euan

Yep, he's great, we're great fans of Kermie in our Florida house! :D