PDA

View Full Version : How did I do this???

julieanne
16-11-2005, 14:14
I have to own up to getting lost on my way back to the airport (Orlando) [msnembarrased] [msnembarrased]

Having done the drive more times than I can remember I just don't know where I went wrong. There I was happily (well not happily exactly cos I was on my way home [msncry])
So there I was unhappily driving towards the airport on the 417 and beginning to think we're on this road longer than usual, next thing I see the airport behind us and signs appearing for the Beeline. Took the Beeline and got there without too much bother but where did I go wrong - guess I must have just missed the exit ???[msnembarrased]

stabard
16-11-2005, 14:44
Think you were just not paying attention Julie - Go to the back of the class [msneek]

Macka
16-11-2005, 15:02
Julie, It was your subconcious forcing you to miss the airport ramp, as you did not want to leave Florida.[msnwink]

16-11-2005, 15:29
Julie I did exactly the same thing last year, It was dark and I was picking hubby up from MCO the day before the hurricane, think I just over shot the exit[msnembarrased]

julieanne
16-11-2005, 16:07
Think I'll just have to go back and see exactly where I went wrong [msnwink]

LiesaAnna
16-11-2005, 16:39
steve did that to when we were going off to sanford, lol he blamed everyone but himself so funny!!

Ana
16-11-2005, 17:42
You'd better get youreslf back to Florida ASAP to make absolutely certain it was just a one off [msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-11-2005, 18:40
The MCO sign off the 417 is signed Boggy Creek Road and only has a small picture of a plane in the corner of the sign so it's easily missed. It's almost as if a major international airport is an afterthought.

I have to admit I've missed it too before [msnsad]

julieanne
16-11-2005, 18:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
The MCO sign off the 417 is signed Boggy Creek Road and only has a small picture of a plane in the corner of the sign so it's easily missed. It's almost as if a major international airport is an afterthought.

I have to admit I've missed it too before [msnsad]
[/quote]

Glad I'm not the only one to do this....

I saw Boggy Creek - and I've taken it enough times to know that's where I need to go...

Need more practice obviously [msnwink]

chrizzy100
16-11-2005, 19:00
My husband still drives passed our villa every trip.........and not just on the first day....[msneek]

CarolAnn
22-11-2005, 12:16
Can I recommend changing airports next time Julie;)It worked a treat for us this time, often got lost using MCO (why? I know NOT!) But Tampa, first time and no probs either way, go figure[msnoo]
Even more scary, the instructions we provide for guests are apparently, "Perfect!" Shame hubby doesn't use his own instructions[msnwink]

becbecs
22-11-2005, 14:20
Done the same Julie, may be I need to go to the back of the class with you.:D

pieman790
22-11-2005, 17:07
We too have also missed the exit from the 417 and also the Beeline express. We always seem to leave too late from the villa and go like a "bat out of hell" to get to the airport. Never missed flight yet but have cut it close especially last year when we arrived the aiport 1 hour before departure.

julieanne
22-11-2005, 18:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
Done the same Julie, may be I need to go to the back of the class with you.:D
[/quote]

Maybe we're too busy getting our last look at Florida to notice road signs.
Or more likely our subconscious is telling us to stay [msnwink]

emm
22-11-2005, 21:52
It happened to me too, on my last trip. I was following the signs really carefully (honestly!) and next thing I knew, the slip road I needed had gone off to the right!!

[msnembarrased]