PDA

View Full Version : Cameras-Films

imported_n/a
19-02-2002, 02:13
If you really need to buy these in the Disney parks enquire as to the cost of the multi packs they are often not much more expensive than the single pack.

Carla
22-02-2002, 10:20
Buy any single use cameras before you go anywhere near the parks. Disney charge at least 3 dollars plus tax more than the stores for exactly the same camera.

Things like this really irritate me. I have no problem with Disney making a profit, but I think that this is ripping off their guests.

steph_goodrum
22-02-2002, 11:42
Before you go on holiday, buy a couple of the waterproof ones to take to the water parks and beach, the quality if good enough for holiday snaps and it means someone doesn't sit "camera watching" all day , you can leave them by your bag in the knowledge the worst that can happen is you lose your photos and £6 worth of camera. Also means you can take close ups in the water and on the water rides.

steph

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 22/02/2002 07:43:26

ian
22-02-2002, 14:52
I usually buy my films over in Florida and get them developed back here. Purchase of the films is cheaper over there - and developing is usually cheaper here.
ian

steph_goodrum
22-02-2002, 15:43
If I'm taking any of the villa, I usually get them processed over there as it's easy then to check if any need retakes, you think you've noticed everything and then find when it's developed there's a shadow or something you've not noticed like a dustbin in the way or some such thing.

Babblin Boo

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 22/02/2002 11:44:29

imported_n/a
22-02-2002, 18:48
We use a digital camera to take photos of the villa which saves a great deal in processing. We now have the photos printed on paper from the computer (about 16 altogether) that we send out as extras to the ones on our sites - it is still costly but cheaper than printing 20 photos of each. Can't send it over the net though as the file is too large and takes forever which is the only drawback.

steph_goodrum
22-02-2002, 19:49
Jane
That's on the agenda, we bought a mini dv camcorder that will take stills as well so we can see if they are ok before we return but we haven't learnt how to get the best out of it yet.

Babblin Boo

ian
22-02-2002, 20:24
Yes, I agree that villa owners need to see what they have taken - but my message was really directed at guests and visitors to Orlando.
For your digital pictures - remember that for web purposes they don't have to be a high resolution.
ian