PDA

View Full Version : childs lap top/computer

sundowner
15-11-2005, 13:58
Hi everyone, not sure you can help but here goes.

My Mum (78 yr old) keeps telling us she is a poor deprived mother as she has no computer, e-mail, mobile phone for text messages etc. (she would not have a clue what to do with any of them). So as a little joke for xmas I would like to get her a VERY cheap second hand kiddies computer (you know, the type for 3-4 yr olds).

If you can think of anywhere I might get one or if anyone has one for sale please let me know.

Thanks, in anticipation.
Mary

15-11-2005, 15:34
Toy r Us always have them, or Argos, Woolworths or online[msnwink]

dawn
15-11-2005, 15:54
Or maybe ebay?

steph_goodrum
15-11-2005, 17:04
Mary
Why not surprise her instead and book one of the computer classes for the older generation. My dad and stepmum both decided they should become computer literate (my Dad is 76 and stepmum a bit younger) as their chidren/grandchildren were spreading around the world and both love the net now.

It was especially invaluable for the last year as their eldest daughter and her husband have spent a year travelling around the world and taking part in some fantastic adventures and they (and us) have been able to keep up with it via their e-mails when they have found internet cafes and sent back photos etc.

LiesaAnna
15-11-2005, 17:05
dont know about computers, but i believe they are making mobile phones just for texting purposes? and only texting?

sundowner
15-11-2005, 17:42
Thanks guys. I really don't think she would take to lessons. Her and my stepdad have had a lot of health problems between them over the last year or so and they seem to spend a lot of time having to get to various hospitals.

Stepdad (Arthur) has also been diagnosed with altzeimers so cannot really be left on his own too long.

Think they will both enjoy playing with the computer and it's a good way to keep Arthurs brain working without too much stress.

Will have a look at Argos etc and see what I can find.

Thanks again though, at least it's reminded me of the sort of places to look.
Mary

chrisflowers
15-11-2005, 19:27
Why not get a cheap Apple iBook? They are resilient - used a lot in education, simple to use and hardly ever break down.

It would be far better to get her something she could really use - if you can afford it.

sundowner
17-11-2005, 18:51
We already have her main presents, this is just for a bit of a laugh really so need something very cheap.