PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass

Sleathy
13-11-2005, 22:04
Guys! we are about to purchase our villa and wondered what and where to get an anuual pass for Disney? Are they availabe for nun-US citizens too???

dawn
13-11-2005, 22:16
Hi Sleathy,
Annual passes are available for anyone. You can get them at any of the customer services desks at the parks. We got ours last February and I think it was around £250 each.
We certainly got our moneys worth this year. However if you decide not to go for the annual pass, the tickets from this site are excellent value www.park-tickets.com [msnsmile]

walden64
13-11-2005, 22:50
Hi Sleathy

We get annual passes each year. At one time we managed to get Florida Resident passes which were even cheaper but Disney have really tightened up on this so we had to go with the normal Annual pass this year - but it is still great value. We got ours from Disney Market place this year but you can get them from any of the ticket booths at the four main parks.
As Dawn says the tickets from www.park-tickets.com are also great value and lots of our guests have used this site for Disney and all the other attraction tickets as well.

Ana
14-11-2005, 00:21
Congratulations on your new Villa!

It's sometimes better value simply buying Disney passes with "No Expiration" option from the link on this site. The unused days on these never expire so you can even carry them over to another year if you don't get chance to use them.

This usually works out better if you are planning to do 10 days or less per year at the Disney Parks. Once you get your new Villa you may find that you have other non Disney things to fit into your trips [msnsmile2]

pieman790
14-11-2005, 00:55
We looked into buying annual passes and it would seem like Disney have really got strict on who can have one. You need to be a Florida resident and have proof that you are one, ie Florida Driving licence or Florida ID pass etc.
The tickets from this site are very competitive and we have bought many as we usually travel to Florida twice a year.

CERICROWLEY
14-11-2005, 01:30
John.

Me and my two children have annual passes for both Disney and IOA and Universale, purely because we have been out there four times a year and usually in the summer for five weeks, then they are really worth the money. Hubby is still using a couple of ald passes we had before we bought the annuals, as he doesn't come out as often as us.

You will have to calculate the cost of the passes on here to the times you would potentially go out florida, against the cost of the annual.

Sometimes it works out cheaper to have the unlimited time passes than the annuals

Ruth
14-11-2005, 02:11
I did my sums recently and found that for us, for the first time in years, we would be better with the unlimited expiry 10 day tickets rather than the annual passes. I have bought them from this site at an excellent price:)[8D]

Sleathy
14-11-2005, 21:58
Thanks for the advice - when I say getting the villa I'm afraid that it's a distant dream at the moment as digging will only start tomorrow ...forewarned is fore-armed don't they say ...

brizzle
14-11-2005, 22:48
I had an AP for the last 3 trips (Dec 2003, Apr 2004 and Nov 2004) but this year only got a 7 day hopper with expiry.
I really really missed my AP [msncry]
It's very nice to be able to pop into a park for 1-2 hours and not feel you have wasted a day like you do with a normal x day pass.

Good thing is that my Mum still had hers from last year so we still got the free parking [msnsmile2]

My friend has just bought an AP as he is going back in April so they can still be bought. Obviously the Florida Resident AP may be harder to get but they have got the normal and premium ones for Joe Public from outta State (or country)

Jo
15-11-2005, 02:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle

Good thing is that my Mum still had hers from last year so we still got the free parking [msnsmile2]

[/quote]

That sounds like a good plan - get an AP for one member of the group (child?) to get the free parking and discounts. I'll see if that makes financial sense for us .

CarolAnn
15-11-2005, 16:30
We have had the AP for a couple of years now! We used to organise our trips to get the best value from it! This year we bought in April, used it in October, and will still have a couple of days left for our Easter Trip..we have said we may give Disney a miss then for 12 months[msneek] When we got our 13 yr old off the ceiling, after that announcement...it is still under discussion[msneek] If you are planning to d lots of other attractions, trips in Florida, even if you go a couple of times,be sure with the AP it is worth it for "your" family:) If not, then you know the link to use, www.park-tickets.com
[8D]

kimwo
16-11-2005, 01:40
Hi when we were out at the end Sept we renewed our Florida Resident passes
We got them at Epcot was'nt asked for any ID surpose we were lucky [clap][clap]

zazu
21-02-2006, 16:10
I had an annual pass last year for our trip. It was only used for 16 days but we got great discounts on merchandise, hotel room and restaurants with teh DDE card.

We are staying in a villa next year and i will still get one pass and a DDE card. We usually visit the parks most days even if only for a couple of hours so it's nice to be able to pop in and out, plus by the time we have parked for 18-20 days, bought a load of stuff at DTD and eaten our onsite meals it will ahve paid for itself. I'm also thinkng (if the price is right) of having a couple of nights at the polynesian as a treat and to break up the holiday a bit.

Jo
21-02-2006, 20:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by zazu
I had an annual pass last year for our trip. It was only used for 16 days but we got great discounts on merchandise, hotel room and restaurants with teh DDE card.

We are staying in a villa next year and i will still get one pass and a DDE card. We usually visit the parks most days even if only for a couple of hours so it's nice to be able to pop in and out, plus by the time we have parked for 18-20 days, bought a load of stuff at DTD and eaten our onsite meals it will ahve paid for itself. I'm also thinkng (if the price is right) of having a couple of nights at the polynesian as a treat and to break up the holiday a bit.
[/quote]

When we first stayed in a villa , we had 2 nights on the gulf coast for a 'break'. Well, I can tell you all that close family bonding in a hotel room made me decide villas for ever! Next time we go to the coast, I will either book a villa through the links above or do it as a day trip.

It's very hard going back to hotels when you have had all the benefits of a villa. Even a top notch hotel wouldn't work for us.

I N e e d m y S p a c e !

flyrr100
20-08-2006, 03:08
My family have Annual Passes. We love the freedom we get, not having to stay all day. We go for a few hours. Ride the rides we want. Sometimes go for dinner and Illuminations. Well worth the $1400. 4 adults, 1 kid. (2 of the adults are 12 and 14). Florida Resident discount. If you have a villa here you are a resident. Just show a utility bill or your FL Driver's License.