PDA

View Full Version : From Texas to Orlando

klane
12-11-2005, 23:06
Hello all! New member here in Houston, TX. I will be moving to the Orlando area in early 2006. I will be working in Sanford, and I need some advice on where to live! I am female, single, professional, 38 and want to find a nice area to live where I can buy a home and meet people my age and preferably single. I live in suburbia now where everyone is married and has 3 kids and a dog....which is fine, but that's ALL there is. Tough for a single gal! Suggestions? Either where to live or how to meet people once I get there?

Thanks much![msnwink]

flyrr100
13-11-2005, 02:48
Klane,

All of the Orlando Metro Area is growing like you wouldn't belive! And the prices are growing at the same rate. In Seminole County you'll be paying over $300k for a 3 bed 2 bath home. A condo or town house is around $170k.
Anyway, suggestions. Try Lake Mary. It's the better part of N. Seminole County. Sanford has some good, and some not so good areas. If you don't mind a short drive (the toll roads are great) try Winter Springs, Oveido. There is a great 'Y' in Oveido. Wear your best cheek hugging shorts and you'll meet some folks I'm sure![msnwink]

Good luck.

esprit
13-11-2005, 06:11
I would agree on Lake Mary. Or you could live in downtown Orlando if you wanted a city lifestyle, come great appartment blockss suited to young professionals going up such as Skyview at Lake Eola.

chrisflowers
13-11-2005, 16:27
The drive up to Sandford from downtown Orlando can be quite busy, but northern Orlando suburbs such as Apopka are up and coming, including Lake Mary area.
The new Western Beltway being built also means that you would have quick access to Disney from Apopka - not that that would necessarily be of help if you are going to be working here.