PDA

View Full Version : Limited Shopping Time

davidspd
11-11-2005, 01:28
Hi all,

I'm off to Florida for the first time in January (staying in Terra Verde) and it's going to be me, my husband and 4 boys, and they have generously "granted" me ONE day shopping.

So, should i try to fit everything in (Belz, Florida Mall, Premium etc) in one day, or just do one mall/outlet centre properly?

I'm mainly going to be looking for clothing bargains and i'm not bothered if it's last seasons stuff.

Thanks,
G

christhear
11-11-2005, 01:42
If you are just loooking for bargains you may be better off just going to Beltz and Premium Outlets, they are also nearer each other than the Florida Mall

wrpac00
11-11-2005, 01:46
I would say Orlando Premium Outlets and Florida Mall.

Bletz (as it used to be called) had gone down hill quite a lot, not sure since it changed hands what it is like now. Also it is hell to get to, that's why we gave up on it ages ago.

Paula D-S
11-11-2005, 01:50
I would do the same as Paul, Premium Outlets and Florida Mall. Although I think when your hubby and boy's find out how much is on offer they may even want a day shopping for themselves.[msnwink]

berni_richards
11-11-2005, 02:37
premium outlets are a MUST it will take you a whole day to shop properly anyway.

Have a great time

steph_goodrum
11-11-2005, 02:41
By my reckoning one day is 24 hours so you could fit them all in if you took 8 hours each on 3 days:)

Don't forget Walmart are open 24/7 so even after some time at the parks etc there is still time to get some retail therapy in before bed and they usually have some very reasonably priced clothes there.

Beltz is now Prime outlets and was picking up a bit in Sept when we went over. We like to go the other way sometimes as well down the 27 and go to Eagle Ridge Mall and Haines City Walmart as they are usually quieter.

11-11-2005, 10:25
How mean, just one day shopping[msnscared]

Last year we did a small amount of shopping everyday, did it in short bursts, well I had to have my Sarbucks coffee too[msnwink][msnwink]

Florida Mall, Millenia mall, Outlets etc etc[clap][clap]

Ray&Sarah
11-11-2005, 12:23
Now that is a hard one, only one day to fit it in all that shopping. I would go with the premium outlets if it was me and then visit the Florida Mall if I had enough time.[msnsmile2]

brizzle
11-11-2005, 12:23
Prime is exactly like Belz was, mostly not worthwhile with the exception of Guess, GAP, Vans, OshKosh and a few others.
Most of these can be found elsewhere, we only popped in for the Vans.

If I had to pick one then I would say Premium Outlets would offer the most choice but one place seems a little tight.
We do 2-3 hour bursts a couple of times at each.

I would schedule a couple of hours for Premium, Lake Buena Vista and Walmart at the bare minimum. Premium and LBV are pretty close so could be taken in one hit.

Mall at Millenia has lots of shops too but it depends on your budget, these are a little more expensive than the discount outlets but generally still cheaper than the UK.....and they have the Apple store.

CERICROWLEY
11-11-2005, 13:16
I would say Premium outlet is ok. for last seasons clothes, if you are after trainers etc. its a bit of rummage for the sizes and that. I have done the outlet twice, and I prefer the malls now.

Why not do the premium outlet early morning and then go to the Millenia Mall late afternoon, you can then go for dinner at the cheescake factory, I am sure you will all enjoy the meals there.

Macka
11-11-2005, 13:18
G.

Refuse to do the Washing, Ironing and cooking if you do all these, until they agree to allow at least three shopping excursions, they don't have to take all day.

I estimate 4 hours before they comply.[msnwink]

Alternatively, as you drive around in Florida, and they see all the shops they'd like to visit (they will, I promise you, golf, sports electrical, whatever) make them stick to their plan and refuse to visit more than once. Just imagine how nice it will be when they actually begin begging you to go shopping[msnsmile2].

Lynne S
11-11-2005, 13:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by davidspd
Hi all,

I'm off to Florida for the first time in January (staying in Terra Verde) and it's going to be me, my husband and 4 boys, and they have generously "granted" me ONE day shopping.

So, should i try to fit everything in (Belz, Florida Mall, Premium etc) in one day, or just do one mall/outlet centre properly?

I'm mainly going to be looking for clothing bargains and i'm not bothered if it's last seasons stuff.

Thanks,
G
[/quote]
Hi G,

We have a villa on Terra Verde and from there you can easy do both Buena Vista this is only 8 minutes away and then onto Premium Outlets as this is just a further 5 minutes futher up the 535.

You will get the chance to look around the Super Walmart, it is only 2 minutes away. Turn right out of the Terra Verde gates then about 50 yards up Poinciana Blvd turn right again into Oren Brown Rd follow the road round and right again into Walmart's car-park. Give the boy's the food shopping list and that leaves you free to look around.[msnwink]
Happy shopping[msnsmile2]And have a great holiday[msnsmile2]

mizzy
11-11-2005, 14:22
i agree with Jadehouse

claim you need to do some food shopping and then disappear in walmart
they can always put a tannoy out for you like they would for lost children:D

have a great time Mizzy

wrpac00
11-11-2005, 14:45
Babblin Boo, that is typical womens logic [msnwink]

You can have a days shopping, ah that equates to 3x8=24 [msnscared][msnscared] Wheres the Sports bar[msnsmile2]

Calamity Jane
11-11-2005, 14:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by davidspd
Hi all,

I'm off to Florida for the first time in January (staying in Terra Verde) and it's going to be me, my husband and 4 boys, and they have generously <span style="color:red">"granted" me ONE day shopping.</span id="red">

Thanks,
G
[/quote]

Then you must "generously grant" them one day in the pool and only one theme park and your husband can only have one beer !!!:D:D
You could always leave your children with your hubby and drive off into the wild blue yonder with his money and shop till you drop.:D

sundowner
11-11-2005, 18:53
Even my husband and son who are shopaphobics (that's a new word I just made up), cannot resist spending a couple of hours looking around most of the shops. It works out quite well really as we all split into girls and boys, the boys do the golf, camera and general boring (to me anyway as none of those are made of material or leather), the girls go their own way and we all meet up a couple of hours later for lunch.

You can guarantee the boys need to go back to one shop or another as they will never buy the first thing they see, it takes them hours on end to walk around and compare prices, so while they have to go back to those shops, us girls have time to spend in others. Sweet [msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
21-11-2005, 19:21
Have your one day wherever you decide and then say you have to pop into Wal*Mart for something and you might squeeze another day out of them as there are things in there they will enjoy too;). Try geting them to drop you off at one of the big Malls and then they can go to the parks and come pick you up much later:D

CarolAnn
21-11-2005, 21:01
Why do I think you have always got a back up shopping plan CDV:D One for every occasion:D

Cruella DeVilla
22-11-2005, 01:38
As I said Carol shopping is religion;)