PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space is Open (for Testing)

athurstance
05-06-2003, 13:32
I read on a Disney site that Mission Space has been open for testing - they are letting in groups of lucky guests who are passing at the right time. It has been described as a really really excellent thrill ride.
Full cast member testing is due to start this week for a couple of weeks and then it looks very likely to open on schedule - Amazing but true!!

Angela

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-08-2003, 00:56
I have just read somewhere that the ride is open for all guests on 15th August. Is anyone going to EPCOT for the opening? If anyone is going can they post their verdict. Thanks

Sarah

Gillian-B
14-08-2003, 02:39
There is a complete website for this ride at

http://www.disney.go.com/vacations/missionspace/index.html

I'd be interested to read what it's like!

Gillian

neilb
16-08-2003, 23:24
We have just come back from 3 weeks in Florida & visited Epcot on 27th July. Mission Space was open so we had to try it! After a pre-ride briefing, crews of 4 people ('engineer, commander, pilot and navigator')are shown to their space craft. The ride is basically a simulation of a rocket on a mission. The detail is impressive with each crew member having responsibility for pressing their appropriate buttons when directed and having control of their own joystick. Out of the 7 in our party (4 adults and 3 children)that tried it, the verdict was mixed. We all agreed that the ride was really good & very clever but it did leave 2 adults feeling rather sick afterwards. There are ample warnings that people who do not like spinning (it is basically like a large centrifuge)or confined spaces should avoid it.

cd3000
23-08-2003, 07:04
Mission Space is such a good ride its just a ride of its own category very realistic.You feel and actually see what actual astraunats see as they go up on the space shuttle and actually felt like you were going up really fast your face would just flatten out it is such a good experience a lot Ive heard complain about this ride but it is their own fault because it stated in the warnings that if you look left or right it will disorient you.

floridahol
24-08-2003, 02:10
Hmmm I have to disagree and say that Disney didn't quite hit the mark with Mission:SPACE. I rode it 3 times and would definitally put it alongside Alien Encounter rather than Tower of Terror. Once everyones got over the excitement of a new ride I dont think it will be very popular. Its a hard ride to describe... think 'Star Tours' on acid.