PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted Air Tickets for Dec

jjk
07-11-2005, 15:28
Please forgive if this is not the correct place.

I have five unwanted Airtours tickets - Gatwick - Sanford for Dec16 08:25 return 7days. My family were looking forward to a wonderful xmas at Disney but unfortunately I have become unwell and will be unable to go although we hope to recoup the money so we can go next year.

I would only want face value and thought that as all of you are usually looking for cheap flights some of you may be interested.

£344 each.

If anyone is interested please DM me.

07-11-2005, 15:32
So sorry to hear you can't go, but are your ticket changable/transferable?

Most charter tickets are not unfortunately[msnscared]

jjk
07-11-2005, 15:37
Yes Airtours have said that they will accept a name change in writing.

07-11-2005, 15:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jjk
Yes Airtours have said that they will accept a name change in writing.
[/quote]

That is good news, one less thing to worry about[msnwink]

ellie
07-11-2005, 16:20
Have DM you. :)

steph_goodrum
07-11-2005, 17:14
Do you not have travel insurance? You can then claim the money back and rebook for another time rather than take a chance on being able to sell them.

jjk
07-11-2005, 17:39
Our travel Insurance will only pay for cancellation if I am pregnant, seriously ill, or have died.

Maybe it was cheap insurance. Thanks for your help anyway.

steph_goodrum
07-11-2005, 20:10
JJK
If you are ill enough that you cannot travel will your doctor not sign to that effect, most travel insurances require that you tell them of any illnesses that occur between the time that you take out the policy and travel date. You could ask them what would happen if you were to travel with whatever condition you are suffering from if they would cover any medical expenses if they arose, if they say no then you have a very good case to claim your money back (either your flight money or at the very least your policy premium if you feel they have not given the service promised.
Most policies cover cancellation in the event that either the person covered or anyone travelling is unfit to travel through illness.

Harry and Jayne
20-11-2005, 17:33
Are the tickets still available?

chrisflowers
20-11-2005, 19:10
Looks like you may have a few takers anyway!