PDA

View Full Version : Plans to Speed up Immigration........

ujpest doza
07-11-2005, 13:24
From todays ABTA News: -

<blockquote id=&#39;quote&#39; class=&#39;ffs&#39;>quote:Please visit http://www.abtn.co.uk to add, change or delete your email address on our ABTN distribution. Non-receipt of ABTN by email may be due to your spam or firewall service. Check it out with your IT department. Unsubscribe instructions are at the bottom of this email.

7 NOVEMBER 2005

BREAKING NEWS: The long-held gripe from business travellers and frequent flyers about the US draconian, and incredibly slow, immigration and security procedures could be about to be addressed.
Plans are afoot to allow a pre-screening plan for certain airline passengers. This would allow them to bypass normal procedures after registering for the scheme and their personal details biometrically stored. There will be accost to register, but this should be offset by skipping those long lines. Airlines will find out in January how this will work and which passengers can benefit. http://www.dot.gov
</blockquote id=&#39;quote&#39;>

Macka
07-11-2005, 13:28
Oooh Yes!!

I'll pay.[msnsmile2]

(well depending upon how much it is of course)[msneek]

07-11-2005, 15:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
Oooh Yes!!

I'll pay.[msnsmile2]

(well depending upon how much it is of course)[msneek]
[/quote]

Me too! Hubby would def pay as he travels a lot[msnwink]

wilfy
07-11-2005, 15:16
There's already a trial going on at Orlando - flyclear. Cost is $75 and you have your own channel for going thru all the checks. The company that run this, say this it will be expanded on soon.

rosie
07-11-2005, 15:23
I thought this was only for US citizens as we asked about it in Sept when we were there.

Macka
07-11-2005, 15:54
Wh...splutter! Ho....wh.. cough ....cough..choke.

75 bucks??

I'll queue thank you.[:O]

Robert5988
07-11-2005, 16:19
Is the $75 a one-off payment or an annual fee?

If the former, and all gateway airports(including Sanford?) have the facility it may be worthwhile.

Although as I usually fly indirect to MCO it doesn't hold that much appeal for me.

Ray&Sarah
07-11-2005, 20:32
I think my hubby would pay for a speedier clearance through immigration, he travels so much to the US, wouldn't like to add up the time he spends in queues waiting to enter the country.[msnoo][msnsmile]

wilfy
07-11-2005, 22:58
It's aimed at regular travellers to orlando, and sorry it's $80 per year. Sanford is not on the next airports to get this. No mention of getting you thru immigration + customs quicker, just the security checks. It's not clear (ho ho) from their website, but as Rosie has intimated the implication is it is for US citizens only, hence no immiration/custom's fast path.