PDA

View Full Version : Narnia at MGM

Newhomebuyer
07-11-2005, 00:24
I am a huge fan of the C S Lewis books and will be interested to see the film of The Lion ,The Witch and the Wardrobe.
Timed for its release is a new exhibit at Disneys MGM Studios. A press release was issued

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- In the great tradition of Disney attractions which put guests in the middle of movies and stories, Disney-MGM Studios will host an exciting walk-through experience based on the upcoming Disney Pictures and Walden Media motion picture release, 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.'

For fans of C.S. Lewis' timeless adventure, and for the worldwide audience who will be entranced by the new movie, Disney-MGM Studios transforms a soundstage into the frozen world of Narnia and takes guests behind the scenes of the movie-making magic of the epic film. The attraction, 'Journey Into Narnia: Creating The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe,' is scheduled to open Dec. 9, the same day the film premieres around the world.

Guests will enter the frozen world of Narnia through a giant wardrobe and be surrounded by a wintry landscape, enormous trees, and a replica of the lamppost as seen in the movie. In the distance, they will see the house of Mr. Tumnus, one of the central characters, beneath a rock bluff outcropping and the White Witch's Castle. All in all, Walt Disney World guests will feel as though they have really entered the magical world of C.S. Lewis' story.

Guests will exit through a gallery that showcases elaborate creatures, costumes, armor, maquettes, storyboards, props and set pieces used in the making of the film.

Something to watch out for if you are there at that time

Jo
07-11-2005, 02:02
Any idea how long this is on for - or is it a 1 day speecial?

dawn
07-11-2005, 02:46
Hi Jo,
I think it is going to be there for a while. My daughter read the book as part of her year 5 literacy, so is really looking forward to seeing it at MGM at Xmas

Ana
07-11-2005, 14:34
The Orlando Sentinel says that it's "a new attraction opening on December 9th" - so not just a short term thing by the sounds of it [msnsmile2]

rosie
07-11-2005, 14:43
Thanks Angela, its sound lovely. I can remember being transported to Narnia when they were read to me as a child [msnsmile] so will make sure we see this when we are there [msnsmile2]

emm
07-11-2005, 15:52
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was one of my favourite books as a child. I think it sounds like a great attraction - I hope it stays.

djdigitald
07-11-2005, 18:41
Wasn't Aslan cool[msnsmile2]

SunLover
07-11-2005, 19:29
These promo attractions are usually around for at least a couple of months.

I believe the last one we visited of this ilk was for The Haunted Mansion starring Eddie Murphy.

stabard
07-11-2005, 19:32
These were among my favorite books when I was a kid. I have read them all to my boys too.

can't wait for the film [msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
11-11-2005, 22:13
Thanks for that Angela:) How wonderful. I wish we were returning in December to see it:) That is why we love Florida, and Disney so much...there is ALWAYS something to see, even if you have been lucky enough to go there before:)

jo-anne
13-11-2005, 12:57
It's certainly one of my kid's favourite stories.
I hope it's around next August which is the next time we'll be out there en famille.
Jo-Anne

TINAPETERS
20-11-2005, 19:25
Great, another reason to return, will add this to our list.

Littletony
14-03-2006, 22:20
Hi Folks

This feature was still there last week. I have to say it was a bit of a dissapointment. The set is quite impressive (but alas no photography), you get a brief (live) appearance from the snow queen and then a 5 minute trailer for the movie.

There are a few props and models to view on the way out.

If you are a big fan and there is no queue it is worth doing though, just to relive the film!! :)

Amirah
02-04-2006, 09:50
Aslan looked really cool. Can't wait for the new attraction!

Magical Dreams
21-06-2006, 13:19
This was still there when we was there last month!

Nothing to write home about but is worth a look if there is no queue!

sammibabe
01-07-2006, 00:47
We found this to be a huge disappointment. The best bit was walking through the wardrobe doors. The snow queen bit was very short and then it was basically a trailer for the film. I thought that we were waiting for the main attraction - as we walked out we realised that was the attraction. If there is no queue have a look just so you know but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

orlandochris
28-06-2007, 13:07
I have to agree with the above. It was just a glorified advert for the new film, and was a massive disappointment. Saying that though, it was a relief to have a break from the blazing sun!!