PDA

View Full Version : Dinner with Shamu or Makihiki Christmas Luau

cromwell43
05-11-2005, 23:12
We will be at Seaworld the first week of December (6 adults, two children 5 and 9) and we would like to take in one dinner.
We can only chose one dinner show. Which would you prefer?
My one thought is that we will see shamu, I am assuming in other shows and the Polynisian dinner might be nice....but not sure.
The price is about the same for each

mizzy
06-11-2005, 23:17
Hi

we did "dine with Shamu" earlier this year in march

and its not really "a show" as such more of an outdoor meal next to the whale enclosure

we booked on arrival into the park

its basically tables arranged around the whales enclosure with the trainers on hand to answer any questions

you do get up close to the whale but not close enough to touch etc, and there is plenty of opportuniy to take photos

the food is a buffet with quite a lot of choice food wise with unlimited wine,beer and soft drinks for the kids

the kids loved the chocolate covered "shamu" shaped cookies so much the waitress put some in a box for us to take back to the villa

the waitress was lovely and good fun with the children one of which was a little bit poorly and she brought him a lovely "i ate with shamu" tee shirt because he didnt have any food which we thought was very nice of her

overall we had a nice evening meal in pleasant surroundings and we would do it again

hope this helps Mizzy

walden64
07-11-2005, 00:09
We have done both. Dine with Shamu on 4 different occasions and the Polynisian show once.

The kids love Dine with Shamu, I am not convinced that they would have enjoyed the other show as much - Mike and myself did this by ourselves.

If you decide on Dine with Shamu ask to have a table at the front and you will get to take some great photo's

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/walden64/20051162081_shamu1.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/walden64/200511620820_shamu2.jpg

Michelle

CERICROWLEY
07-11-2005, 01:06
Has to be dine with Shamu for me, Go for the later sitting. As you can then go and see Shamu rocks america straight after.

Ana
07-11-2005, 14:26
We've done dine with Shamu a few times - the kids really enjoy this one.
Polynesian Luau was also good but more appreciated by our older one's than young one - we loved it though [msnsmile2]