PDA

View Full Version : Immigration requirements

Lee
04-06-2003, 17:11
It's about three-and-a-half weeks to go for our trip and we're wondering what the immigration requirements are. One of our party claims that we need 'something official' indicating where we are staying and how long we are staying for. Can anyone shed any light on this subject for me? We're travelling from Ireland (to Boston to Orlando).

Cheers,
Lee

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-06-2003, 17:17
Hi Lee

We've never been asked for anything like that and usually just put down the villa address on the green visa waiver form you get. Never had any problems - if asked we would say we are staying in a private villa and give the Management Company's phone number if they really want to double check on you.

blott
04-06-2003, 18:39
You don't need any official documentation (apart from a passport that has six months to run after your departure from the USA) but you are asked for the address you're staying on a green visa waiver card. If you've booked a home through this site, you'll already know the address of the home. If not and you've booked via a company and don't know the exact address of the home you're renting, then use the address you've been given where you will pick up the keys. If you're staying in a hotel, then use their address.

For visa waiver info, check this out http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/niv/vwp.htm

Have a great time!

K4LGB
04-06-2003, 19:49
When we went to New York with a connection via Manchester my fiancee and I were dressed very casual in sweat tops/leisure bottoms and we got stopped by UK immigration who asked us to prove that we
a] had a return ticket
b] had accomodation booked for our first night

They were obviously checking that we weren't intending to stay in the US beyond the 3 months allowed. Got my fiancee a bit spooked as they got to her first while I was still dealing with the boarding cards and passports.......talk about rabbit in headlights - maybe that's why they were so enquisitive!!!

Apart from that no problems even with an Eygptian Work Visa in my passport - just make sure you fill in the Green Visa Waiver correctly as the officers tend to get grumpy if you have ommitted information!

Cheers
Les

esprit
04-06-2003, 21:10
Remember to fill in the bottom bit of the visa waiver as well and try not to do any crossings out. They dont really delve into where you are staying though do ask how long. My teenage son flying into Sanford with nothing but a rucksack to join us for a week of our three week stay had a lot of problems with immigration who thought he was a backpacker coming in to look for a job, but other than that, no real problem.

Cowboy
04-06-2003, 23:04
At Immigration you will be given the bottom half of your green waiver card to keep in your possession and this must be handed to the clerk at check-in on your return journey. Make sure you don,t lose it. Each member of your party will need to fill one in. You will also be given a Customs declaration form which the lead member of each family needs to fill in. Both of these forms are given to you by the aircraft cabin crew.

Mike.