Hi

Is there a site where I can check the times that the parks open
and close. We will be in Florida in July

Thanks
Chris

Carla
04-06-2003, 14:18
Hi Chris

Try http://www.disney.com as they should be on there, as it is their official site! Have a great trip.

blott
04-06-2003, 14:20
If you go to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/parksandmore/parksandmorehomeindex?id=ParksAndMoreRoot choose a park and then click on Park Hours, you'll find the Disney park hours.

Click on http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/index.html?__source=USMN.GNAV and click on Park Hours and More on the top row, you'll find Universal's park hours.

Click on http://seaworld.com/seaworld/fla/park_info_home.aspx and then on Hours, you'll find Seaworld's park times.

chrisj
04-06-2003, 14:31
Thanks for the sites.

Chris

chrisj
04-06-2003, 15:00
sorry few more questions

Epcot is in 2 bits Future world and showcase, but Showcase operates later hours. Are they
actually the same park. If we go to Future world which closes approx 6pm, can we move onto
Showcase for the evening without having to go back to the car and park elsewhere.

Also and sorry to keep asking, we are staying in Crescent lakes, to get to these parks
do we have to go on I4 as they all give I4 as a route.

The parks we plan to visit are
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
MGM
Seaworld

The others we want to visit are outside Orlando, but not yet decided

Thanks
Chris

caroline
04-06-2003, 15:20
Epcot is all one park, the Showcase stays open later as it's where most of the restaurants are located (in the different countries) around the lagoon. The fireworks are then viewed around the lagoon before the park closes.
You don't have to move the car and can simply walk from one area of the park to the next.

Afraid I don't know the best route from Crescent Lakes but I'm sure one of the other owners will be able to give you tips.

blott
04-06-2003, 16:54
To get to Disney from Crescent Lakes you have a couple of choices.

Turn left out of the entrance and continue straight until you hit the 192 and then turn left. You'll see signs for Disney on the right side quite a way up this road.

Turn left out of Crescent Lakes. At the traffic light junction with the 17/92, turn left and go through Intercession City. Along this road on the right, you'll see a sign for the I4 on the right. Take this and note that you're going towards Orlando (ie don't follow the sign to Tampa as that's the wrong direction unless you want to go to Busch Gardens at Tampa!). On the I4 you'll see signs first to all the Disney parks, then to Seaworld and then to Universal Studios.

We normally use the second route as it tends to be a bit less crowded than the 192 and is a shorter route. Try both and see what you think.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-06-2003, 17:15
We're in Crescent Lakes and use neither of the routes Blott mentions.

The quickest way (or so we have found) is left out of Crescent Lakes and up Poinciana Blvd. Go straight across the intersection with the 192 and just after that the Osceola Parkway crosses over on a bridge - take a left here, pay a 50c toll and the road takes you right into Disney with no further ado.

Very quiet roads all the way and you are in the heart of the action in a very easy 15 minute or less drive :D.

florida4sun
04-06-2003, 17:23
Hello,
its athe same park, so no worries there. The best route to Disney is via the Osceola parkway:

From the entrance of Crescent Lakes Turn left onto Poinciana Boulevard.
Follow all the way to the 192 and cross straight over (up the side of camping world).
After about 3/4 of a mile turn left onto the Osceola Parkway - pay 50c toll and all the Disney parks are off this road.

You will get all the park maps with your tickets[8D]

quote:Originally posted by chrisj

sorry few more questions

Epcot is in 2 bits Future world and showcase, but Showcase operates later hours. Are they
actually the same park. If we go to Future world which closes approx 6pm, can we move onto
Showcase for the evening without having to go back to the car and park elsewhere.

Also and sorry to keep asking, we are staying in Crescent lakes, to get to these parks
do we have to go on I4 as they all give I4 as a route.

The parks we plan to visit are
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
MGM
Seaworld

The others we want to visit are outside Orlando, but not yet decided

Thanks
Chris

blott
04-06-2003, 19:14
My second one is our quickest route so far... but there again, we're probably just too mean to pay a toll! :D

chrisj
04-06-2003, 19:15
thank you all for your help, as for being mean about tolls, I dont blame you

Chris

gale
10-06-2003, 03:00
when you arrive in florida GO to universal studios parks my family thought they were much more fun than disney believe it or not! my girls are 12 and 14 neice 9 nephew 6. also the disney waterparks especially typhoon lagoon worth every penny (sorry cent). i hate rides but being a massive Betty Boop fan even i loved universal. so do go you will not be dissapointed although if like me you have a favourite cartoon character you will be broke:D

florida4sun
10-06-2003, 03:11
Ok Mrts meanie - you can still do the Osceola Parkway route without paying a toll:)Simply turn left onto the 192 then right t the Falcons Fiore signand it takes you up past the Gaylord Palms onto the OP without paying a toll.

quote:Originally posted by blott

My second one is our quickest route so far... but there again, we're probably just too mean to pay a toll! :D

chrisj
10-06-2003, 12:26
Thanks all for the info, I will print it off and take it with me