PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire

Dave R
04-06-2003, 01:19
....For 3 weeks worth of car hire, what's the best option ?
FlyDrive prices only include 1 week of the car...
...But booking 3 weeks directly doesn't seem any cheaper anyway !
For August next year, for a 4-door full-size car (3A2C) the cheapest I've found anywhere is still over £600.

Lakul
04-06-2003, 01:32
I've found a quote for £537 for 3 weeks in August with 1 driver. For more than one driver it's £591. Hope that helps a bit.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-06-2003, 01:32
The car hire on this site www.orlandovillas.com/car_hire.asp can do a 4 door full size in August 2004 for £567 all inclusive.

K4LGB
04-06-2003, 15:10
FlyDrives usually mean that everyone on the plane has been hooked-up with the same car rental company - we found this on our first trip and it resulted in a rather long wait in the queue at Sanford.
In my view a flydrive package is worth nothing extra as the bulk of the hire car costs are for the insurances which you still have to pay over and above your FlyDrive price!
If you organise scheduled flights and your own car hire you are less likely to land up in queues and you get the added benefit of not having to pay for drinks and headphones on the flights - which can mount up if there are a number of you! :D

Only my opinion but that is what these forums are for!
Cheers
Les

KingKong
04-06-2003, 15:30
quote:Originally posted by K4LGB

FlyDrives usually mean that everyone on the plane has been hooked-up with the same car rental company - we found this on our first trip and it resulted in a rather long wait in the queue at Sanford.
In my view a flydrive package is worth nothing extra as the bulk of the hire car costs are for the insurances which you still have to pay over and above your FlyDrive price!
If you organise scheduled flights and your own car hire you are less likely to land up in queues and you get the added benefit of not having to pay for drinks and headphones on the flights - which can mount up if there are a number of you! :D

Only my opinion but that is what these forums are for!
Cheers
Les

:DAgreed Flydrives are a sneaky sales blagg.

When you go to ask for your car the extras for the insurance the rental desk adds on top costs more than hiring a car from most other companies(unbelivable isnt it). If you shop around it is better to book your car hire seperate and just ignore the flydrive temptation as we got suckered on our 1st trip to Florida that way(as do thousands i bet) but on our second trip we saved loads booking seperate the car hire.

chrisj
06-06-2003, 23:09
I booked the car with the fly drive, I had spent 3 hours going through all the
options

Fly drive, or just flights and book a car, BA or Virgin, direct flights etc. To be honest
with all the above I found not much in it. Then I was checking this site out and found
I could have got the car a lot cheaper. But I will remember that next time.

We have a 7 seater van thingy ?. so hope its got room so we can keep our darlings apart.

I could have got the flights from a bucket shop for a bit less as well, but ive had a few
bed experiences with bucket shops in the past.

So for me next year when we book for florida again, I will book the car hire through this
site or similar and just book the flights on their own.

Chris

Lee
09-06-2003, 17:43
Regarding the car hire offered through OrlandoVillas (or, indeed, any car hire service) is there any sort of security deposit or otherwise required when you pick up the car?

Cheers