PDA

View Full Version : Pre Purchased tickets on your credit card

chrisj
04-06-2003, 01:13
Hi

Just to perhaps let people know

I pre ordered our park tickets from this site with my credit card.

My company refused the transaction as they said it was an overseas
transaction, They did ring me but explained if the request was put back in they would accept it.

Luckily Martin managed to contact me on my mobile, and the transaction was requested again and accepted. I was out at the time
and when I got home Martin had emailed me. I contacted the card company and they confirmed all had been accepted.

Emailed Martin back, who responded within a few minutes letting me
know all was well. Thanks Martin great service

It might be an idea if people pre-order tickets to let your card company know to stop this happening.

Anyway just an idea and again all thanks to Martin for making sure it
was all sorted out for us

Thanks
Chris

chris
04-06-2003, 17:53
It usually doesnt have anything to do with it being an overseas transaction, its normally because its an internet transaction over a certain amount. We had trouble buying a computer from Dell. As soon as the transaction was refused Dell cancelled our order without telling us, so we ordered another one but the bank said they wouldnt take authority from us for the transaction until after it had been formally requested and Dell wouldnt wait to get authorisation, it had to be authorised immediately. It took us 4 weeks to sort out the mess![V]

chrisj
14-06-2003, 00:19
And who said computers would make our lives easier. Oh yes my maths teacher at
school all those years ago

Chris

chrisj
14-06-2003, 13:23
Tickets arrived this morning Brochures as well All thanks to Martin
What a great service

Chris

Johnlance
17-06-2003, 07:55
Martin,just a word of advice if you are letting people buy attraction tickets from you with their credit-cards - make sure you get them to sign the credit-card receipt before handing over the tickets. I was swindled out of over $20,000 by an agent from West London who purchased tickets from me on a regular basis using his credit-card. After three months he decided he would like to make a killing and called his credit-card company to dispute the charges, all of which he had confirmed by fax and all of which had been satisfied in full by our handing over tickets to his guests. The credit-card company charged us back because we had not got him to sign the receipts,they did not accept the faxed orders as evidence! We didn't receive a penny of the money/

florida4sun
17-06-2003, 08:55
John,
Thanks for the heads up. We have security measures in place that can stop that sort of thing. We have know need to use agents for tickets. On another issue I did have someone 'try it on' over a rental charge. The card company accepted faxed documentation, it is also legal in a court of law.
I take it you cancelled the tickets?

Martin

quote:Originally posted by Johnlance

Martin,just a word of advice if you are letting people buy attraction tickets from you with their credit-cards - make sure you get them to sign the credit-card receipt before handing over the tickets. I was swindled out of over $20,000 by an agent from West London who purchased tickets from me on a regular basis using his credit-card. After three months he decided he would like to make a killing and called his credit-card company to dispute the charges, all of which he had confirmed by fax and all of which had been satisfied in full by our handing over tickets to his guests. The credit-card company charged us back because we had not got him to sign the receipts,they did not accept the faxed orders as evidence! We didn't receive a penny of the money/

chrisj
17-06-2003, 12:57
That sounds awful, What if we have issues with our tickets, is there a local number
we can call if something goes wrong with them

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-06-2003, 15:43
How do you mean Chris - when you are in Florida?

If so, Martin is the man to speak to and can sort out any unlikely problems very quickly for you :).

chrisj
17-06-2003, 16:21
Sorry, thats what I meant while we were there, Any idea of a number
for him (just in case). Im sure we wont have a problem, but best to
be prepared.

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-06-2003, 16:53
Chris

I'd rather not give Martin's number out on a public forum but if you email or pm him (florida4sun on here) I'm sure he will provide you with the details you need.

chrisj
17-06-2003, 16:56
John

No that makes sense, I will pm him later

Chris

chrisj
17-06-2003, 18:24
Ok all sorted Martin contacted me while I was at lunch.

Thanks again for all your help

Chris