PDA

View Full Version : Amerrican Sports

sonofsos
03-06-2003, 12:55
I'm visiting Florida the first 3 weeks in July and I would love to see a Baseball, American Football or a Ice Hockey game. Im a big Ice Hockey fan and I know that the NHL finishes this week, I was wondering if any other leagues are played during the summer. Some info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Baz

RubAyr
03-06-2003, 16:40
Hi Baz, I'm also an ice hockey nut !!

Not sure if there's any games on, I don't really
follow the NHL just UK hockey but I'd love to have
taken in an NHL game.

We're off to Florida in the next few days so if
there's no hockey I think we might give the baseball
a try !! :)

sonofsos
03-06-2003, 17:50
I see from your avatar that your an Eagles fan. I've been to the Centrum a few times to watch my team play. I'm a Belfast Giants fan. I'm not into the NHL myself but I would love to take in a game or 2 of any standard.

I hope everything works out for your team this year and I look forward to returning (wether its Ayr or Glasgow ) in the future.

Baz

RubAyr
03-06-2003, 18:14
What can I say...a Giants fan !!! We always enjoyed our trips to the Odyssey when the Eagles were playing the Giants. Not sure what's happening with the Eagles for next season..hope they are back in Centrum soon..where they belong ! Good luck to the Giants for next season (I see Jason Bowen has re-signed for you - I take it you are pleased!!).

Have a great holiday when the time comes.:)

Captain Slog
04-06-2003, 12:52
I posted on the 'Other Disney' section on this site about the Orlando Rays. They are a Minor League outfit playing at the Disney Wide World of Sports just off the I4. Tickets are $5-$8 and it's a good, fun sporting night out. More on www.orlandorays.com

If you want major league action, then the nearest is the Tampa Bay Devil Rays at St. Pete's down the I4. Bottom of the league but a bit more consistent of late.

CS

chrizzy100
05-06-2003, 01:29
I love hockey too...my son used to play in England....then he moved to a team over here when we moved.....I think thats how he fitted in so easy in his American school..having something in common with the kids here.....its a big thing in New England.....I miss going to the games now he no longer plays.....