PDA

View Full Version : Ross Dress for Less

jpusa66
27-10-2005, 01:14
Hi All,
Sorry if I am repeating someone else, but I have to say the Ross is one of the best places I have found for buying many items but especially clothing and shoes. It is so cheap and if you have time to have a good look you can get some real bargains. i have tried a few different locations ie. I Drive, Clearwater, Naples but I find the best bargains have always been on 192 west not far pas Walmart on the left. If anyone hasnt been there they should try it next time they go. One other tip is that they get their deliverys on a Tuesday so Tues evening or Weds morning are best times to go.

Ray&Sarah
27-10-2005, 01:21
I have to admit that in all the times we have been to Florida I haven't been in a Ross Dress For Less, will have to check it out.[msnsmile]

wilfy
27-10-2005, 01:30
Popped into the new one on the loop yesterday, pair of Calvin Klein trouses/pants down from $130 to $12.99.

Ray&Sarah
27-10-2005, 01:33
Wow that is a bargain Wilf & Sarah.[msnsmile2]

jpusa66
27-10-2005, 01:33
Hi Wilfy,
Can you tell me how to get to the loop from Highway 27. Have read about Kohls I think it was and wondered where this is.

wilfy
27-10-2005, 03:38
Julia,
not sure if it's the easiest way, come down the 192 and past the disney turn and i4. Just before you come to old town on your right, take the left turn. (just past the flyover for the 417 toll road). This will take you to Gaylord Palms, and as you go past it on your left, take a right turn. This is Osceola Parkway. You'll have to pay a toll 75c (i think there is only one), then eventually you'll come to it, on your left, just before john young parkway turn.

Alternatively, stick on the 192 all the way past medieval times, take the next left at hoagland (at the end of the roadworks!). (Turn right into osceola mall, and there's a Ross here,) or carry on for about a mile or so, you'll be out in the country with cows in fields. You need to take a left onto dyer, at the flashing orange lights. Follow this to the end, and then turn right onto osceola parkway. The loop is just ahead on the left.

dcnurse
27-10-2005, 04:52
Exactly where is it on the 192?

wilfy
27-10-2005, 06:33
Denise,
it's not on the 192, but on the corner of Osceola Parkway and John Young Parkway.

LiesaAnna
27-10-2005, 11:24
there you go , another reason to go back!! i didnt look there either!!

Cruella DeVilla
27-10-2005, 11:44
I hate the Ross on the 192 it is always cauotic with huge queues and 2 staff on the tills when we have gone in. Don't go on a Sunday either! Mr CDV is terrible he calls it the poor persons shop but he does not know a bargain when he sees one!

LiesaAnna
27-10-2005, 15:10
oh dear!! let me know when you go there CDV, cos he aint gonna call me a poor person!!! wont let him see me!![msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
27-10-2005, 19:12
I think he would be scared of you Leisa![msnsmile2]. I quite often drag him into Ross and he really does hate it[}:)]Miind you he hates it even more when I drag him into Louis Vuitton, roll on Xmas:D

philgrove
04-11-2005, 14:09
We love Ross Dress For Less. Always get a few bargins. I try and kit both kids out with clothes for summer and winter to last us from one trip to another.
Between Ross and Walmart i usually do it.
First time we went had a lovely winter coat for William in Ross Dress For Less,it was an offical Miami Dolphin one and cost round about $9.99[msnsmile2].

Phil has picked up offical Tampa bay Buccaneers clothing for next to nothing in there too.
T K Maxx is also a good place for bargins.

Have to go just recieved a E-mail from the Disney Store[msnsmile2].
Karen.

wilfy
04-11-2005, 15:30
We didn't get anything from Ross this time, but did pick up some 'potterin around the garden' puritan polo shirts from Wal-mart for $4.77 each. I like these as the have a shirt pocket for puttin all me hairy string, pen, conkers, sticky sweet etc etc.

Chloe
04-11-2005, 19:40
I went there for the first time during our Aug. trip because I remember Esprit ( Julie) raving about it. I must say my daughters and I loved it ( well especially me ). My daughters really enjoyed mooching for jeans and I loved the housewares, some really nice bits and pieces, quite unusual some of them. CDV is right in as much as it is a bit chaotic, and yes the tills were a pain, a week day trip is much better, quieter, but then I think that applies wherever you shop, it is the same with the Premium Outlets. I will be back there next time. Also Marshall's ( by the new Super Target) have some nice house wares I think. Chloe

orlandodaze
06-11-2005, 03:07
Ross is one of my favourite stores in Florida and we keep discovering new stores each time we go to Florida like last year when we discovered a great store on the way back from Cocoa Beach .I should be on commission I have sent so many people there like just yesterday I met a lovely lady while shopping in a Dublin store , somehow we got talking and she was shopping for a trip to Florida I told her to forget the shopping until she got to Florida and Ross is one of the many stores I sent her off to , Oh by the way I also told her to log on to this incredible site and there all her Forida questions would be answered .[clap][clap][clap]

Paula D-S
06-11-2005, 11:25
This is one of only a few shops I've never been in. Where on the 192 is it?

wilfy
06-11-2005, 15:05
Paula,
there's one at the end of Osceola Mall, about 1/2 mile past medieval times heading east.
Or if your up by Florida Mall, on the road opposite, (Orange Blossom Trail) same strip mall as Micheals.

ellie
06-11-2005, 15:15
Never been to this shop, must take a look next time.:)

CarolAnn
06-11-2005, 19:45
We were only mentioning the other day, that we didn't fit it in when there recently (8 days ago) We will no doubt correct that in 5 months time when we return;) Tried Bealls this time, our daughter picked up a pair of Converse boots she wanted, for $15! She was VERY pleased...so was her Dad![msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
21-11-2005, 19:23
Managed to spend a few dollars in Ross last week. Mr CDV dropped me off and let me loose, I could not coax him in;)

KevinT
21-11-2005, 20:02
Got an amazing bargain last time we went into the new Ross at the Loop, in October.
Got a Kenneth Cole jacket/coat reduced from KC's recommended price of $289 to $29.99 Ross price.
Actually bought it on the following day (think it was Tuesday) as Ross have a further 10% off on that day if you are over 50 !! [:O]
Too many nice things !! I saved over $40 in discount on the total bill that day so must have spent a fortune.
Well worth a visit. The Loop is getting very sizeable now plus they have started building on the opposite corner of John Young Pkwy.

Cruella DeVilla
21-11-2005, 20:40
Yeah we were in the Loop last week although I managed to spend most of my money in Michaels that day and not in Ross![msneek]

CarolAnn
21-11-2005, 20:51
As long as you enjoyed the purchase CDV [msnwink]That's what really counts LOL

Cruella DeVilla
22-11-2005, 01:38
Oh yes, but when I will find time to do all the projects I bought goodness only knows!

ravtino
27-12-2005, 07:01
I went to the loop today following directions from the 192 up past bealls, really easy to find then on to Burlington coats for Phat Farm for my neices.

freddiehollie
30-12-2005, 22:39
Sorry for my ignorance but where or what is the loop ???
We no where Walmart Target etc on 192. Is it near there?
Thanks for any help.:)

blott
30-12-2005, 22:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by freddiehollie
Sorry for my ignorance but where or what is the loop ???
We no where Walmart Target etc on 192. Is it near there?
Thanks for any help.:)[/quote]The directions are on page one of this thread. :)

freddiehollie
31-12-2005, 18:22
Many thanks Blott had'nt read that far back!!

bargainqueen
22-02-2006, 21:01
This is my all time favourite store and I'm really glad that more have been opened since I first found out about it in 1998. Then they only had two, one by Beds Bath & Beyond on International Drive and the other in Osceola Mall. Last April they were building the loop, so now I will have 4 to go to on a Tuesday for 10% day. I thought you had to be 55+ for a card, normally I go with my older sister so use her card. Unfortunately it looks like she will have to cancel so will be mooching around the shops alone.

Another good place to shop in Beals Outlet, 192 opposite Siesta Lago. On a monday 50+ get a discount of 15% and some of the items are marked already at anything from 20% to 95% reductions. Sometimes I have managed to get items for 50c.

Fran19
29-03-2006, 15:55
We discovered Ross this year, for the very first time! We were kitting out the villa and found they were great for things like those bottles full of chillis for decoration and some bits and bobs and little decorative plants etc. They were so much cheaper than anywhere else for what looks like exactly the same thing! All the things we bought were for decoration and so can't see the sense in getting them elsewhere and paying stacks more. Will definitely be going back to Ross although hubby hates it! [msnsad]

freddiehollie
30-03-2006, 23:38
Can't understand all these men not liking Ross. Some great bargains
Ashworth, Polo,etc from $7.99. Over £35.00 at home. I bring back loads[msnwink]

Sally D
31-03-2006, 03:21
I have never been here but will put it on my list for October, I love to get a bargain[msnsmile2]

bargainqueen
03-04-2006, 14:45
Bags unpacked from our trip and the space bags are all in a pile in the dinning room. Went to the loop on our first Tuesday to Ross (55 and over 10% discount day) and also went into Kohls. The following Tuesday we went to the Ross in Osceola Mall and found that they had more tills open than the loop.

Beals Outlet now have a Friday club for 49 and under(15%)well worth a browse through all the racks. On the clearance racks there are discounts of 20% through to 95% on items, this trip I managed to get a 95% discount on a top paid 49c and then got a further 15% off that. I prefer any discount which covers the sales tax as then you can calculate what the item is costing in £. They also have a frequent shopper card which is clipped for every $10 you spend, when full you get a further 25% discount. I didn't think I had spent that much in there but after two Monday club visits the card is only $20 short of being full. (did add a couple of my sisters purchases on it)

Beals have also opened a Clearance centre next to it's store in the Osceola Mall, went there but wasn't that impressed but others might disagree.

I needed some King size pillows and found Hilfigger pillows in Macy's for $9.99 - 11% tourist card which you apply for in the nearby package department. Was also given a 15% discount card which could be used in other departments.