PDA

View Full Version : Curious for the future

KingKong
02-06-2003, 20:58
[8D]

I live in Lanzarote the Canary Islands just off the coast of Morrocco governed by Spain money is euro,s.

I just have had a 3 bedroom duplex villa built with splash pool right next to the water park and golf course and am neigbours with a 4 star and 5 star hotel.The villa is part of a 4 star part hotel complex so guests can use the facilities,pools,spa,gym resturant etc.

The town in Lanzarote is called Costa Teguise a very pleasant place where the King of Spain has one of his holiday homes( 3 minutes from mine.

Now the question ..........say in 12 months (this is all hypothetical by the way)i wanna have a couple weeks in Florida,golfing chilling etc with my wife i was wondering do any of you owners abroad ever block off a couple of weeks for a rainy day to use in like a swap situation?

So i get 2 free weeks in Florida and you get 2 free weeks in Lanzarote in my pad?

Sorry for droning on but it does make sense i think:D

steph_goodrum
02-06-2003, 21:37
It makes perfect sense KingKong and we have ourselves signed up with 2 or 3 holiday swap sites, for, as much as we love our home in Florida there is a whole world to explore and we find people are often willing to exchange. Because of timing we haven't yet exchanged and it is more practical if you are exchanging holiday homes as a) there are not the same personal belongings which may make you feel like you are intruding on someones home and b) the swaps do not then need to be concurrent, just that people have a gap in their bookign schedule.
I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would like to swap some time although our next couple of holidays are already planned but in a couple of years time we may be interested, it's nice to have a holiday away from the villa as well which doesn't involving painting and decorating.

mm69340
02-06-2003, 22:19
Dan and I have this plan on our long-range goals as well. We would love to take the children to see all different parts of the world. With 6 children, this is one way we could afford to do it. We would swap the Florida house and then have to pay for tickets and car- so it is definately a good idea.

We are trying to find house swaping sites. So, far we have one.

chris
02-06-2003, 23:46
I think its a really good idea and would certainly consider joining in.

KingKong
02-06-2003, 23:47
:DGreat seems i hit on a sound idea.

Its early stages for me yet as i have to do the place up(decorate) etc and basically turn a brand new villa into a cosy home.

Thanks for the replys :)

note...Car hire in Lanzarote is half the price of USA and UK a standard brand new car with AC costs 100euros(70pounds/110dollars) a week,just as long as you avoid the giants Avis and Herz.

orlandobabe
16-06-2003, 01:14
There was a programme on TV last week called 'I want that house' and it showed one place that overlooked where the King of Spain has his holiday home. It looked lovely and I'm sure if that's where yours is you should have no trouble in swapping.

dino
07-03-2004, 16:07
great idea Kingkong, hope one day we have a long list of good swaps and families could enjoy different areas in the world, if anyone has got a link for home swap , pls pm me. i will help if we could have a look ie photos for the villas around the world.

dino

zerotone
09-03-2004, 22:42
We would also like to do a home swap at some time in the future. Have been to Lanzarote a couple of times and Stopped at costa teguise for one day - seemed a very nice upmarket resort. Great Idea:)

Jane