PDA

View Full Version : Which way on M60?

julieanne
24-10-2005, 15:06
I never know which way to go on the M60 [msnembarrased]

Leaving M62 at junction 18 and wanting junction 3 exit of M60, can anyone tell me which should be the quickest way to go?

Macka
24-10-2005, 15:07
What for Julie? The airport?

julieanne
24-10-2005, 15:12
No - I'm going to Handforth..........

Macka
24-10-2005, 15:18
OK, Foreign language. Sorry, can't help.[msnsad]

24-10-2005, 15:21
Anti clockwise past the Trafford Centre?

Where you off to M&S?[msnwink]

Its only 10 mins from me[msnwink]

24-10-2005, 15:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
OK, Foreign language. Sorry, can't help.[msnsad]
[/quote]

Its a small town in between Heald Green and Wilmslow[msnwink]

julieanne
24-10-2005, 15:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
Anti clockwise past the Trafford Centre?

Where you off to M&S?[msnwink]

Its only 10 mins from me[msnwink]
[/quote]

That's the way I usually end up going Julie - just wondered if it was the quickest.

We're staying in Handforth/Wilmslow the night before we fly.

Might nip in to M&S and Lakeland [msnwink] [msnwink]

24-10-2005, 15:33
Its the way I always go not sure if it is the quickest, I don't like the other way[msnwink]

Where are you staying? ('Im so nosey[msnwink])

julieanne
24-10-2005, 15:38
A Premier Travel Lodge on Wilmslow Road (or whatever they call themselves these days [msnwink])

Stayed there before - not exactly luxury but it does the job [msnwink]

mistert
24-10-2005, 16:33
Julie,

as a resident of S Manchester I would advise going the clockwise route at present as there are serious roadworks between Js 9 & 4 - both sides of Mway. They are adding extra lane in both directions.

If the weather is bad take care on the stretch S between 21 & 24 - they have had problems with standing water over the years since this stretch was opened.

Cheers

normajohnp
24-10-2005, 17:01
Hi Alan,

We are heading down there on 12th December will the traffic works still be going on. We usually drive down through the night getting to the carpark for about 5 in the morning.We are coming from the North. Thanks.

Norma.

becbecs
24-10-2005, 17:17
We always tend to go the Stockport way around the M60 as we beleive but don't take our word for it, that it does carry less traffic and does seem to be quicker. When going the other way you tend to get traffic congestion around the M60/M62 Junction and also as you approach the Trafford Centre. Saying that Stockport way can be a little traffic heavy especially morning time.

24-10-2005, 17:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mistert
Julie,

as a resident of S Manchester I would advise going the clockwise route at present as there are serious roadworks between Js 9 & 4 - both sides of Mway. They are adding extra lane in both directions.

If the weather is bad take care on the stretch S between 21 & 24 - they have had problems with standing water over the years since this stretch was opened.

Cheers
[/quote]

Alan, the road works are not a problem if you are not traveling during rush hour, I have used that stretch 6 times in the last week and although its 40 mph its fine[msnwink][msnwink]

mistert
24-10-2005, 17:28
Norma,

Not sure when roadworks due to end - I've been avoiding that stretch like the plague recently![msnsad]
Travelling early morning should not be a great problem traffic-wise (I would have thought) but there is always the possibility of additional lane closures overnight.

Nearer the time have a look at http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/travel_news.jsp
just put M60 into the 'motorway' & click &lt;get traffic&gt;

Happy travelling[msnsmile2]

24-10-2005, 17:30
Hi Alan where abouts are you? We are also S Manchester/North Cheshire too[msnwink]

Julie

mistert
24-10-2005, 17:43
Hi Julie,

I live in Chorlton (for anybody else reading this thread - that is where Chorlton & The Wheelies were 'born' @ Cosgrove Hall Studios). Like you I worked at Heathrow many years ago!! I was with Barclays Bank & worked in T2 & T3 Arrivals. But that was approx 30 yrs ago!!

Cheers

24-10-2005, 18:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mistert
Hi Julie,

I live in Chorlton (for anybody else reading this thread - that is where Chorlton & The Wheelies were 'born' @ Cosgrove Hall Studios). Like you I worked at Heathrow many years ago!! I was with Barclays Bank & worked in T2 & T3 Arrivals. But that was approx 30 yrs ago!!

Cheers
[/quote]

Ah right we are in between Gatley and Heald Green[msnwink]

I worked in T3 as my weekend job in the gift shop before I started flying too[msnwink] Small world eh!

mizzy
24-10-2005, 19:42
Julie

did you know that you can get 20% off a premier travel inn/lodge

with either a family fun card (if you have children with you)

or with a senior discount card

you also get the discount off their food in the restaurants

i am not sure if allowed to post the details etc on here so

please dm me if you would like the tel number to apply for a free card
Mizzy

[msnsmile]

25-10-2005, 10:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
A Premier Travel Lodge on Wilmslow Road (or whatever they call themselves these days [msnwink])

Stayed there before - not exactly luxury but it does the job [msnwink]
[/quote]

Drove past yesterday, looks OK to me Julie, I also went to Lakeland - love that shop!

Susan J
31-10-2005, 15:08
THe cafe at Lakeland is also very nice! I would avoid Stockport like the plague - a terrible bottleneck - I know, I live there!

Suzy
31-10-2005, 17:22
Excuse my ignorance, but where is Lakeland - I love that shop, is it near M & S at Heald Green?

Sue

31-10-2005, 17:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Suzy
Excuse my ignorance, but where is Lakeland - I love that shop, is it near M & S at Heald Green?

Sue
[/quote]

Its on the boundry of Heald Green and Handforth, very close to the A34[msnwink] Its opposite The Belfry Hotel and next door to the Wagon and Horses Pub[msnwink]

Suzy
31-10-2005, 17:32
You've lost me, I know my way from J Lewis at Cheadle straight down the road to M & S, used to be Alders as well, thought this was the place. Can you direct me from J Lewis?

Sue

31-10-2005, 18:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Suzy
You've lost me, I know my way from J Lewis at Cheadle straight down the road to M & S, used to be Alders as well, thought this was the place. Can you direct me from J Lewis?

Sue
[/quote]

Yes, when you are on way from JL to M&S (down A34) take the right exit off the round-a-bout BEFORE M&S (you will see Stanley Green Retail park to your right) go down the short stretch of dual carriageway and at the end there is another round-a-bout turn right again and Lakeland is on your left[msnwink]

Macka
31-10-2005, 18:56
Blimey are you lot still on a bout shopping?

Tsk!

Suzy
01-11-2005, 00:27
Thanks very much, know where I'm going now, we're off to Tenerife in the morning, but will definitely be there on our return. Hubby just didn't feel like going tonight! - typical male!

Sue