PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Dolphins

icemaidenuk
23-10-2005, 20:01
Hi Guys,

We went to Orlando in June/July of this year, seaworld had to be the best experience.

Were hopefully going back next year but does anyone know how you book to feed the dolphins from the V.I.P/reserved area at the dolphin pool?

The queues for fish were very long and the pushing and shoving to get to the pool was dreadful

Any help on knowing where we can book to go in this little section would be great.

Thanks in advance
Julie

SunLover
23-10-2005, 20:23
You could certainly check at guest services when you enter the park, but my understanding is that these areas are specifically for trainers and staff. It would be interesting to find out otherwise.

LiesaAnna
23-10-2005, 22:46
when we were there a fortnight ago, the reserved area we saw was for guests that had mobilty problems i was standing very close to it and a young lady in a chair with family asked if she could see the dolphins, and the area i am talking about they open a chained off bit and bring the young lady to sit on the side to try and touch the dolphins, (very moving actually) it does say its reserved and i did wonder why, now i know!!
they were great!!!

icemaidenuk
24-10-2005, 01:55
Thanks guys, I'll have to look into it more, when we were there we were next to this part and a family of 5 maybe 6 were let into the area all in perfect health with no disabilities so it would be nice to be able to pre book this, plus they didn't have to queue for the fish as the seaworld workers brought a bucket in with them for the family to use.

Regards Julie

mizzy
24-10-2005, 16:48
Julie

can i just point out something about your posting " all in perfect health"

disability is not just people in wheelchairs i know plenty of children and adults "all in perferct health" as you put it

but still requiring lifelong 24 hour care

not all disabilities are obvious

Mizzy

icemaidenuk
25-10-2005, 01:31
Sorry if I offended I didn't mean it like that obviously you have read it in the wrong way.

I have a sister in law that is disabled so obviously I am not going to have a bad word to say about anyone who has any kind of disability.

When we were there these were just everyday families one woman asked them how they got there and the elder family member stated we pre- booked it which is why I asked if and how if could be done.

Once again sorry if you have taken this the wrong way and become offended.

Julie

mizzy
25-10-2005, 13:13
Julie

you didnt offend and i am sorry if i came across as stroppy

i just wanted to point out that sometimes not all is what it seems

i would give everthing to be on the other side of the fence

Mizzy