PDA

View Full Version : open or shut

Kissyme
01-06-2003, 15:35
can any one help we are going to orlando in las 2 weeks of october 2003 do the experts know if the water parks are open or not. I know that river country has been closed for the last couple of years thanks in anticipation

Carla
01-06-2003, 15:40
It is highly unlikely that the water parks would be closed, as October is a busy month. Your best bet would be to contact Disney direct as they always reserve the right to change things at short notice, particularly if any major maintenance is needed. If Blizzard Beach were closed, then Typhoon Lagoon would be open and vice-versa. I have never heard of them closing both at the same time.

Kissyme
01-06-2003, 15:45
Many thanks Carla we love the water parks. I did try the WDW site but it just said Park times not available yet.

Ann
01-06-2003, 16:41
HI we were there last october and went to typhoon lagoon :Dso they should be open

sunseeker
02-06-2003, 03:48
Hi we were there last oct and blizard beach was closed.

chris
02-06-2003, 17:22
My boys were there for the last week of October and Blizzard Beach was open. It was closed when we went out in February but was due to open on 1 March. They had problems with the refurbishment and when we tried to go on 3 March they said it wouldnt be open until May[V]

MTP
02-06-2003, 23:50
On some other Disney web sites with forums I have seen postings to the effect that closing one of the water parks during these leaner times for refurbishment is a way of Disney reducing overheads. Each year there are closures for refurbishments when one of the parks closes and the other stays open, but it has provided a good excuse for extending the refurbishment periods if demand for the parks isn't sufficient.

I have no idea about the validity of these claims, but it is an interesting perspective.

Best wishes,

Euan

mikewj
03-06-2003, 02:40
It looks like River Country has closed for good, but the others (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) are still open.

October should be OK as the weather is still hot and the school holidays come in the middle.

They do close for refurbishment every so often, but as far as I know its not an annual thing. They also shut if the weather is bad, but that's understandable with the thunder storms, never mind the lack of customers.

However, Disney certainly seems to be tightening its collective belt at the moment with park operating hours being cut all over the place. The Magic Kingdom was open until 10/11pm every night last June, not this year, so you might want to keep an eye on the water parks nearer the time.

floridalakeviewvillas
03-06-2003, 17:44
Hello kym,
we were in Florida last October, both Blizzard beach and Typhoon lagoon were both open. We are going again this year, 12th Oct to 3rd Novemeber, hope both are open, our young children loved Blizard beach, and I liked the waves at Typhoon. Have a great holiday.
Graham

Kissyme
05-06-2003, 15:28
Many thanks for all the replies looks like we`ll be out at the same time Graham so perhaps we will bump into you. ha ha. Is this your first visit to Florida? Can`tn wait to be scared witless on Halloween !!!:D

orlandobabe
05-06-2003, 20:44
We did Halloween Horror Night at IOA last October-not for the faint hearted-but good fun.

We were chatting to friends who used to go years ago when it was held at Universal Studios and that sounds like it was great deal worse. Apparently ghouls would come up from the sewers and grab your ankles-now that I couldn't cope with.

Our friend also mentioned that the Green Meadows Petting Farm also did/do one-that was even scarier.

So if you like that sort of thing-it might be worth checking that one out too.