PDA

View Full Version : Homes away from Florida?

kebab
23-10-2005, 05:14
Hi All,

Firstly Hello, I'm new and this is my first post.

I was wondering if anyone could give me details of an estate agent or villa/townhouse complex outside of Florida. I would want something within easy driving distance of the attractions in Florida.

I just seem to be going round in circles looking for estate agents in an around Florida, especially as I haven't been there yet.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Ana

ctgirlscout
23-10-2005, 05:34
Hi Ana,

Welcome to the forum.

When you say you are looking for something outside of FL, but within easy driving distance, how far are you willing to drive? I think it would take 3-4 hours to drive to Disney from Georgia, the nearest state.

Ray9
23-10-2005, 09:38
I may be wrong.. but do you mean away from Orlando ..

Estate agents are called Realtors here... there are 140,000
of them in Florida.. If your house hunting try www.realtor.com

luckylady
23-10-2005, 14:15
Welcome Ana to the forum
Do you mean in the residential areas of Orlando?
Not too far away so that if you want to go the attractions
Will not take hours of driving?

kebab
23-10-2005, 20:36
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Yes Luckylady, thats exactly what I mean. I have had a look at realtor but as I don't yet know any names of towns in Florida I can't do a search.

Looking a Georgia, what is the crime rate like there, any good neighbourhoods?

I know I am a bit vague but I really don't know what I am looking for yet. Looking to go to Florida some time after christmas for a holiday and using the hire car for a day of just specifically driving around and looking at different areas and getting details.

Ana

ellie
23-10-2005, 23:59
The Orlando area is huge, and you will certainly need several days to look at the different areas, Ana.

Georgia is another state, which borders on Florida, but is certainly not near enough to drive to Disney on a regular basis.

luckylady
24-10-2005, 00:15
I would suggest around Grovelands in Clermont about 30/35 miles from Disneyorld
Central location good neighborhood

mm69340
24-10-2005, 00:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kebab
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Yes Luckylady, thats exactly what I mean. I have had a look at realtor but as I don't yet know any names of towns in Florida I can't do a search.

Looking a Georgia, what is the crime rate like there, any good neighbourhoods?

I know I am a bit vague but I really don't know what I am looking for yet. Looking to go to Florida some time after christmas for a holiday and using the hire car for a day of just specifically driving around and looking at different areas and getting details.

Ana
[/quote]

Have to agree, Georgia is way far away from Disney. If you are looking to rent to vacationers, watch out that you are allowed short term rentals in the area. I too have been thinking of going a little further out and not rent it, but use it for ourselves, since being American, it will become our retirement home. But, right now we do love our little bundle on Esprit.

esprit
24-10-2005, 03:08
Forgive me if I am wrong but are you talking about buying or renting? Buying a property or even considering buying in a place you have never been to is inadvisable.

Cruella DeVilla
24-10-2005, 19:00
[msneek]

florida4sun
24-10-2005, 22:02
I waited a week before I bought my first one....

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
[msneek]
[/quote]