PDA

View Full Version : U.S Airways

normajohnp
20-10-2005, 23:26
I have posted this in the guest area as hopefully some 'guests' may have used this airline.Can anyone tell me if you can use a carseat with this airline. We have never flown with them before and we need to put our grandson in his carseat.He is very small for his age, 20lb weight, but as he is over two he has to have his own seat. There help line is closed and we have a chance of some cheap flights. (it is the via Philly flight). Thanks.

21-10-2005, 01:53
US Airways

Child Restraints and Car Seats

You must use a government-approved restraint system if you wish to secure an infant during takeoff, taxi, landing or any other time when the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign is on.

If you have bought a seat for an infant, the restraint system can be properly secured with the seat belt. If you have not bought a seat for your infant, a child restraint system may be brought on board only if it can be stowed beneath the seat or in an overhead compartment.

US Airways only mentions using car seats with infants not children over 2 so don't know if this really helps
[?]

cherylzw
21-10-2005, 05:57
Yes. I have seen parents with car seats on US Air many times.

I am sure you will have no problems taking one for your grandson.

pieman790
21-10-2005, 10:34
We use a Britax Freeway Excel when we fly to the states as this one is approved by the CAA. Not flown with US airways before but have flown AA, BMI United, with no problem using this seat

normajohnp
21-10-2005, 13:16
Just heard back from them and they have said the Britax is fine. Thanks to everyone for there time to help.
Norma.

ellie
21-10-2005, 14:58
Hope you all have a great flight, Norma.:)

becbecs
21-10-2005, 15:01
I,ve have used this flight twice before. Never seen any car seats but as said above there doesn't seem to be a problem. As for the Airline and this route I can highly recommend it. They always seem to have a good deal on Flights also.

normajohnp
21-10-2005, 15:34
Hi Fraser & Jane,
As you have flown this route, did you manage the conection ok. I am a bit worried about this as we have always flown direct. I have visions of missing it as some people have said it is very large airport and the timing is tight for the connection.I think we have nearly two hours but I have heard immagration is always really busy there and can take up to an hour to clear.Thanks.
Norma

pieman790
21-10-2005, 16:46
We have done this route but without the kids. We had 2.5 hour between flights and managed it fine. You do have to walk between terminals (international to Domestic) and go through security but other than that you should have no problems.

Great plane and they even had on demand movies.

becbecs
21-10-2005, 17:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by normajohnp
Hi Fraser & Jane,
As you have flown this route, did you manage the conection ok. I am a bit worried about this as we have always flown direct. I have visions of missing it as some people have said it is very large airport and the timing is tight for the connection.I think we have nearly two hours but I have heard immagration is always really busy there and can take up to an hour to clear.Thanks.
Norma

[/quote]

Hi Norma

It is a large airport but 2.5hrs is plenty of time, even with having to go through immigration and to check in again. The airport is well sign posted and there are plenty of Airport attendants on hand to point you in the right direction. US Airways have an inflight video they show when you are coming into land at Philedelphia Airport, this shows you a plan of the hole complex with Gate numbers etc. When boarding in the UK you will also get your boarding card for the connecting flight down to Orlando with your connection gate number so you will see where you need to be heading in the Airport. Daft as it sounds you have to collect your suit cases at Phili and re check in but it doesn't take long, on your return journey you check your baggage in at Orlando and don't see it again till the UK. If I remember correctley you will need to go to Terminal A around gate 18 - 25 for your flight down to Orlando, they are all very close and there is a very nice little American Bar there with TV's where you will be able to chill out and eat if you want. Extremley jealous as this is my favortie bar in the USA, very sad I know especially being in an Airport. Have a drink for me.

Have a great holiday and don't worry to much about the connection as you should have time to spare.

Best Regards

normajohnp
21-10-2005, 17:41
Great that has really helped a lot,the only thing I don`t like about flying is the checkin. Once I have done that and got rid of the baggage and found out were we are sitting I can stop worrying, the thought of having to do it twice really stresses me out.

You don`t know how lucky you both are Neil & Kathy we thought out day`s of traveling with the kid`s were finaly over but now it is back to lugging all the stuff you need around again. We managed a few trips on our own and what bliss. Mind we would not dream of leaving him behind now!I think he must be one of the most travelled little one`s around.Had a quick look on the Philly web site and they have a map of the airport layout so will study that to. Don`t think I will need a map for the bar and food Fraser/Jane my nose will lead me there NO problem.But I will have a drink (or two depending how stressed I am) and think of you.By the way do they have those little motor type buggy things. Just thinking with his carseat mite pay us to get one of those.
Norma.

becbecs
21-10-2005, 20:33
Hi Norma

They do seem to have some little buggy type transportation driven by staff but not sure how you would get hold of one, nothing wrony with asking though.

When you arrive at Philedelphia you will arrive in the immigration hall, its a very large room. You need to head for the desks which are green, as the red desks are for US Citizens. Once through then you will walk into the baggage collection area. You don't have to walk far to check in again for your onward flight to Orlando but you do have to take a lift up 1 floor.