PDA

View Full Version : AA flight indirect

bushbaby
20-10-2005, 03:13
has any one flown on an AA flight man to mco via Chicago but with only one flight number
I am flying on the 6th nov flight AA95 man - mco via Chicago
will this be a fuel stop or immigration then back on the same plane
I think AA fly 757 on this route.
Needs a fuel stop somewhere as I think the range is to far on this aircraft
Any of our pro flyers have an idea what goes on with this type of flight
I remember in the old days fuel stops at Gander and sometimes Boston
The flight back on 15th nov is 2 flight numbers via Boston

Bushbaby

20-10-2005, 10:15
The Boston flight is def a 757 think the Chicago may still be a 767 but not sure[msnwink]

Robert5988
20-10-2005, 13:00
I fly Manchester to MCO via Boston a lot which is AA95 and a 757. At Boston you clear immigration/customs re-check luggage and change terminals by bus - its free and takes a couple of minutes.

Orlando is not a 'Gateway' airport for AA so none of their international flights go there direct.

Not sure where Chicago(Ord) comes into the picure. AA95 is the same flight number(and same plane) for Man to Boston and Boston to MCO.

AA have a year round flight to Man - Chicago(MCO) which(as Mach 2 states) is a 767, but it is not flight AA95- I think it is AA55 - I sometimes fly Man - Ord - MCO in the winter when AA95 is not operating; but go via Boston whenever possible.

There are a number of flights back from MCO to Boston to connect with AA96 to Manchester. I came back yesterday on AA212 which left MCO at 4.02pm.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-10-2005, 13:57
AA MAN - ORD is AA55 and it a 767. We've used it a few times and it's a good service. I would prefer to go via one of the east coast hubs like Boston though as with ORD you feel like you are going half way across the US only to double back on yourself when flying onwards to MCO.

pieman790
20-10-2005, 14:26
AA were operating a service last winter direct into Miami from Manchester, not sure if they are still doing it.
We have done both Boston and Chicago but prefer the Chicago as it usually a larger plane.
Personally i didnt like the Boston route due to the B757 only having a single aisle. Both routes do not offer seat back TVs and im sure AA have just removed the extra legroom.

Robert5988
20-10-2005, 15:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:AA were operating a service last winter direct into Miami from Manchester, not sure if they are still doing it.
We have done both Boston and Chicago but prefer the Chicago as it usually a larger plane.
Personally i didnt like the Boston route due to the B757 only having a single aisle. Both routes do not offer seat back TVs and im sure AA have just removed the extra legroom.[/quote]

AA are operating the Man -Mia flight this winter from Dec to May when the Boston service does not operate. Plane is a 767.

The advantage of the Boston to Man run is that it is a short journey; under 6 hours yesterday and once in under 5 hours.

You are correct that AA have removed the extra legroom. Their 'More Room Throughout Coach' exercise was not a success and did not attract more customers - so much for everyone bleating about legroom. They still have more legroom than Virgin though.

Katys Grandad
20-10-2005, 21:18
As Robert points out, American have taken to using the same flight number (AA95) for both the MAN-BOS and BOS-MCO legs. I flew MAN-BOS last month and noticed that the destination board at the gate at Manchester showed 'Orlando via Boston'. Personally, I think it is no more than American trying to persuade the unwary that they have a Manchester-Orlando service when in reality, they dont!

Despite that, I like the MAN-BOS route because it is a very short crossing.

bushbaby
20-10-2005, 21:56
Thanks for the feedback
I checked with AA today and the travel agent wrongly stated
that the flight was ORD
AA95 is indeed BOS
Fuel stop at Boston then onward to mco
Because it is the same plane do we check bags and go through
immigration or will that be at MCO

bushbaby

Katys Grandad
20-10-2005, 22:37
I am very surprised to hear you say that it is the same plane. As far as I am aware, the flight doesn't even go from the same terminal and, while it is still a 757, I don't think it is the very same plane that you crossed the Atlantic in.

I could be wrong and I suppose it doesn't make any difference anyway. I am certain that you will clear customs and immigration at Boston though.

Robert5988
20-10-2005, 23:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Thanks for the feedback
that the flight was ORD
AA95 is indeed BOS
[/quote]

As stated above, you pick up your luggage and clear immigration and customs and then hand them in again at the same terminal. You then take a short bus trip to the AA domestic terminal.

When you land at MCO you are at the AA Terminal (Terminal A) which does not have any customs/immigration.

On the way back you arrive and leave Boston from the same terminal.

For Katy's Grandad - the last twice I have flown it has been the same aircraft(both legs on both trips) - identified by some distinctive biro marks on the seat back in front of me; not sure if that happens every day.

21-10-2005, 01:15
Using the same flight number is such a con, US Airways do it on the flights via Phili, its so out of order[msnmad]

Travel agents what do they know[msnmad]

Book direct!![msnwink]

Robert5988
21-10-2005, 02:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Using the same flight number is such a con, US Airways do it on the flights via Phili, its so out of order

Travel agents what do they know

Book direct!![/quote]

Agree about booking direct and travel agents!

To be fair to AA if you book on-line with them you are offered a variety of routes(and prices) for Man - MCO. It very clearly shows 2 flights with the timings for Man-Bos and Bos-MCO as separate flights, albeit with the same flight number if you catch the next available plane.

After all BA do this on their long haul flights to, say, Australia,
where it has the same flight number even though it stops at Bangkok or Singapore. If I recall correctly on the ill-fated Concorde route to Australia it had the same flight number even though it made several stops!![msnwink]

Just kidding Mach 2 - honest!

bushbaby
21-10-2005, 02:49
the info from AA is that you don't have to get off the plane.
I suspect ov people are in the right in their advice
thats why i am an owner on this site to get a clear view on all matters

From the replies given

AA95 man - bos - mco
do immigration get back on plane (possibly same one)
get to mco , no immigration ,straight to baggage
collect car , go to walmart purchase cold beer
go to villa sit in lanai drink beer go to bed
Is there anything i've missed.

bushbaby

Robert5988
21-10-2005, 03:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:the info from AA is that you don't have to get off the plane.
[/quote]

The info from AA? or the travel agent?

How do they think you clear immigration/customs if you don't get off the plane? Don't forget that AA fly to their terminal A in MCO that has no immigration/customs facility as it is not a 'gateway' airport.

It is a Coach class only service from Man-Bos and First & Coach from Bos - MCO - the majority of passengers on the second leg are Americans simply flying Bos-MCO.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:go to walmart purchase cold beer. Is there anything i've missed.
[/quote]

Several beers I hope.

21-10-2005, 11:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Using the same flight number is such a con, US Airways do it on the flights via Phili, its so out of order

Travel agents what do they know

Book direct!![/quote]

Agree about booking direct and travel agents!

To be fair to AA if you book on-line with them you are offered a variety of routes(and prices) for Man - MCO. It very clearly shows 2 flights with the timings for Man-Bos and Bos-MCO as separate flights, albeit with the same flight number if you catch the next available plane.

After all BA do this on their long haul flights to, say, Australia,
where it has the same flight number even though it stops at Bangkok or Singapore. If I recall correctly on the ill-fated Concorde route to Australia it had the same flight number even though it made several stops!![msnwink]

Just kidding Mach 2 - honest!

[/quote]

Big difference though Robert with BA is there is no changing of aircraft or Terminal on those flights[msnwink] Same goes for the Concorde flight to Oz[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Badger
21-10-2005, 12:49
Goiing off topic a bit... I was concerned to read that AA have aparently removed the extra legroom throughout coach. We always use them to travel to San Diego. I just checked their webpage and legroom is listed at 33" - 35" on the 777 aircraft. Can anyone confirm if they have gone back to a smaller pitch? The only reason we ever use AA is because of the space, otherwise their service is poor and we would go to some other carrier. Mach 2 maybe?

Robert5988
21-10-2005, 13:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Goiing off topic a bit... I was concerned to read that AA have aparently removed the extra legroom throughout coach. We always use them to travel to San Diego. I just checked their webpage and legroom is listed at 33" - 35" on the 777 aircraft. Can anyone confirm if they have gone back to a smaller pitch? The only reason we ever use AA is because of the space, otherwise their service is poor and we would go to some other carrier. Mach 2 maybe?[/quote]

They have removed the "More Room Throughout Coach" from nearly all of their fleet and the 777 gets the extra seats inserted in December. - you are correct it is currently 33-35"

If you go to 'seatguru' - we cannot put the link here, but just add 'www' and '.com' to get it - you will see the seat pitch for all aircraft on every airline. This quote is from that site:

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:American will be adding additional seats onto these planes(the 777) by December 2005, removing "More Room Throughout Coach" and reducing the seat pitch a few inches. [/quote]

Like you extra legroom was the main reason I started to use AA. The Frequent Flyer forum for AA have discussed this at length. AA have simply said that giving extra legroom was not a commercial success and they are "reverting to the industry standard"

21-10-2005, 13:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Badger
Goiing off topic a bit... I was concerned to read that AA have aparently removed the extra legroom throughout coach. We always use them to travel to San Diego. I just checked their webpage and legroom is listed at 33" - 35" on the 777 aircraft. Can anyone confirm if they have gone back to a smaller pitch? The only reason we ever use AA is because of the space, otherwise their service is poor and we would go to some other carrier. Mach 2 maybe?
[/quote]

Robert is far more familar with AA than I am, and hope his post has helped.

I must admit I avoid American carriers because service is normally pretty dire, I have in the past used Delta, Cont, AA, Northwest and I am not very keen[msnscared] My hubby recently used AA from Chicago to MCO and he thought they were very basic[msnsad]

Macka
21-10-2005, 19:00
And if you look at the website Robert suggests you'll see that contrary to AA's comment, there is no such thing as "Industry Standard" in the Airline industry as far as seat pitch is concerned.

Katys Grandad
21-10-2005, 21:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Thanks for the feedback
that the flight was ORD
AA95 is indeed BOS
[/quote]

As stated above, you pick up your luggage and clear immigration and customs and then hand them in again at the same terminal. You then take a short bus trip to the AA domestic terminal.

When you land at MCO you are at the AA Terminal (Terminal A) which does not have any customs/immigration.

On the way back you arrive and leave Boston from the same terminal.

For Katy's Grandad - the last twice I have flown it has been the same aircraft(both legs on both trips) - identified by some distinctive biro marks on the seat back in front of me; not sure if that happens every day.

[/quote]

Biro marks on the seat backs in First Class! What is AA coming to?