PDA

View Full Version : EB5 visa

KerryandAndy
19-10-2005, 15:54
I have been reading this forum for about 6 months now, we are currently aiming to apply for an E2 visa in the next couple of months. I had a meeting in London with a guy who says that his company can obtain an EB5 visa if you invest $500k into a company in Seattle for 3years. has anyone else looked into this route?
kerry

esprit
19-10-2005, 19:34
Yes I have already done a report on this scheme, do a search on EB5 on past posts, it was a few weeks/months back.

KerryandAndy
20-10-2005, 00:31
Thank you, i will do as suggested.

JR1
25-01-2006, 00:09
Hi

Have you made any progress with investigating the Seattle EB5 scheme. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts/experiences.

KerryandAndy
09-05-2006, 00:38
Sorry about the time delay in my posting, we did not to keep scaring ourselves before we really had to. it seems such a mine field with Visas. We have just sold our house in the UK and are searching seriously as we want apply for Visas in the next 3-4 weeks. I will follow up all info on EB5, seems very scary in the next week and forward additional info that i find, i do have a list of people who have been granted and whom are applying at present, we are worried about loosing everything we have worked for thought.

esprit
09-05-2006, 03:28
Anyone interested there is a section on another forum on Eb5 and there is someone on there currently applying for it. PM me for details.

KerryandAndy
09-05-2006, 21:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Anyone interested there is a section on another forum on Eb5 and there is someone on there currently applying for it. PM me for details.
[/quote]

Julie, sorry if i have done this incorrectly, I dont know what a DM is! Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated, feeling slightly like a drowning woman at the moment, so much to take in, any info on EB5 is appreciated, i did you back and look at the info you posted.

regards
Kerry

fiona
09-05-2006, 21:50
Kerry DM is a direct message. If you look at Julie's posting you will see in big red letters DM - click on that and then you can send her a message.

KerryandAndy
18-05-2006, 18:47
Thank you

marcia1
07-03-2008, 00:01
Hi Everyone

I am considering using the eb5 visa route to enable me to live in the US and would welcome any info anyone may have regarding this process. At the moment it all seems a bit daunting and I am fearful of losing all my hard earned cash. Welcome anmy info anyone may have.
Marcia

esprit
07-03-2008, 08:14
Hi
Have sent details of a forum with a big section on Eb5, one person just got this sucessfully, several others on there going though the process and through more than one scheme, though Seattle is still the favourite. You should be aware that this is a long term investment, you may not lose your dosh, but you do lose immediate access to it for a fair while as it is locked in a scheme, though you should get income from it which varies according to the scheme. Some schemes have better exit strategies than others, Philadelphia for example is a five year scheme and then you can exit but it does not give you anywhere near the same return as Seattle where the exit stretegy is less well defined.

anorak
08-03-2008, 14:37
Julie could you also DM the eb5 forum details please?

Ray9
10-03-2008, 06:00
Do remember that the scheme sunsets in sept and there is no guarantee it
will be re-newed

KerryandAndy
10-03-2008, 23:59
hi guys, I am one of the investors in the seattle project, we had our interview today with the Embassy at 8am by 10am we had been given our EB5, we invested in Dec 06 and that is how long most people should expect if their paperwork is in order, i do know we left people at the Embassy who had arrived before us, i do wish them the best and hope it went well for them.

you guys can always contact me re this route, not easy being homeless, moneyless and the rest but i have been there, and not celebrating but for all the wrong reasons

esprit
12-03-2008, 06:04
Your first post was October 2005. Kerry. Its been a long journey. Well done for getting your green card. We almost invested too in Dec 2006 and decided to take another route instead. I now think yours was the right one. So do celebrate. Its not the end of a journey but the beginning of another.

KerryandAndy
13-03-2008, 14:41
thank you Julie, are you still planning to relocate?

SDJ
13-03-2008, 16:52
Well done Kerry. You have stuck with your plan and not given up. Hope everything goes well for you after the last 2 years struggling. Congratulations to you both.

Sandra

esprit
14-03-2008, 06:38
I am now in the US, Kery, but back on E2. We chickened out of Eb5 in the end. In retrospect I think we should have done it.

KerryandAndy
14-03-2008, 21:53
Hi julie, i do know what you mean regarding the cash, we do not know when we will see it again, the bottom line is our own comfort zone. it has proved to be a sound investment, all of the investments are different, we are hoping that it will cover a bill of two! not great. where are you based now, interesting site with so many people with so much good information to share.

esprit
16-03-2008, 06:21
Back in Orlando. I read on the other site about your husband failing the medical. Has that been resolved? I guess Seattle may be a hard one to get your money back from, no real exit strategy unless they float it on the stock market, but I understand it does a steady income. I always fancied Jay Peak myself. Fancied having a condo to sell after 5 years!

KerryandAndy
16-03-2008, 16:44
hi, hopefully medical issues will be resolved this week, hope to get passports back in a couple of weeks. We are happy with the Seattle project, this will provide a good steady income, lucky we dont mind hardwork, hope to start a business when we finally arrive.

anorak
18-03-2008, 10:15
If I was interested in the Seattle project I would make contact direct first. As I understand it if you make enquiries in UK of a prominent financial and EB5 adviser who has been actively promoting EB5 you will find he will be paid $10,000 as part of the package - for putting you in touch with AMLife as a finders fee.
If you have an independent financial adviser then he/she may instead get the fee from AMLife of their agent in the UK, Taroa.
However its YOU who has to pay the $10,000, just part of the $50,000 extra or so you will be paying in extras.
I am not sure if some of this is avoidable if you make contact directly first with US office of Amlife, anyone know?

esprit
20-03-2008, 05:57
Yes, my friends went directly to Amlife, mind you they were already here on E2 so it may have been easier for them.