PDA

View Full Version : Delta reintroduce MAN-JFK service and EDI-ATL

Katys Grandad
19-10-2005, 00:08
Hot on the heels of Virgin announcing a second MAN-MCO daily flight, Delta have announced that they will reintroduce their MAN-JFK service on 15 May 2006. More competiton for BA and Continental to the Big Apple (maybe cheaper prices?).

On 4 May they will start an Edinburgh-Atlanta service.

No timings yet but an earlier flight than the MAN-ATL service will mean late afternoon arrival in all the major Florida destinations using Delta and Song connections.

millie
19-10-2005, 01:11
Flights from Edniburgh would be fab! V Handy for us! (We go from manchester at the moment!)

Robert5988
19-10-2005, 15:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: Delta have announced that they will reintroduce their MAN-JFK service on 15 May 2006. More competiton for BA and Continental to the Big Apple (maybe cheaper prices?).

[/quote]

Slightly surprising that Delta are introducing new services to UK when they have just announced lots of cuts in their internal USA services; presumably the cuts are as a result of their Chapter 11 protection.

Any idea what planes they will fly on these routes?

pieman790
19-10-2005, 16:05
This must have just happened as i was speaking to my travel agent when i read this and they told me that they had applied for the licence but as far as they were aware they did not have it.
Would be a good route if they do have a licence as BMI are dropping the Washington route soon

19-10-2005, 21:51
Shame BMI are dropping the Washington it was a great route when they had the Airbus doing it[msnwink]

BMI and Virgin have plans for expanding longhaul from Manchester so watch this space[msnwink]

I am not surprised Delta are operating JFK again from Manchester [msnwink]

Katys Grandad
19-10-2005, 22:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: Delta have announced that they will reintroduce their MAN-JFK service on 15 May 2006. More competiton for BA and Continental to the Big Apple (maybe cheaper prices?).

[/quote]

Slightly surprising that Delta are introducing new services to UK when they have just announced lots of cuts in their internal USA services; presumably the cuts are as a result of their Chapter 11 protection.

[/quote]

Robert

If this link survives, the detail is on http://media.delta.com . Only clue seems to be that they refer to their "widebody" service so who knows?

Don't think Delta have any 747's and only a handful of 777's. Can you recall what they used when they operated the route in the past?

19-10-2005, 22:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988

[/quote]

[/quote]

Robert

If this link survives, the detail is on [u]</u>http://media.delta.com. Only clue seems to be that they refer to their "widebody" service so who knows?

Don't think Delta have any 747's and only a handful of 777's. Can you recall what they used when they operated the route in the past?
[/quote]

They have in the past used 767's and occasionally 777's[msnwink]