PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Flight Orlando - Manchester.

Paula D-S
18-10-2005, 17:37
I have just received confirmation from Charter. There will be a second flight each day departing at 21.30.

Longer to lie by the pool I think.[8D]

18-10-2005, 17:52
Thats correct it's on the web site for next August

http://virgin-atlantic.com/bookflightsandmore/bookflights/searchFlight.do

VS73 Departs at 1420 from Manchester and on the return VS 74 departs 2130 from Orlando and arrives back at 1040 UK time[msnwink]

pieman790
18-10-2005, 19:09
Would be nice if you could get the morning flight from Manchester and return on the later flight. Will this mean Virgin may drop there prices?

E. Cosgrove
18-10-2005, 19:49
That's good news, I like the idea of the morning departure with the late return[msnsmile2]

Paula D-S
18-10-2005, 21:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
Would be nice if you could get the morning flight from Manchester and return on the later flight. Will this mean Virgin may drop there prices?
[/quote]

That's exactly what I'm doing depart Manchester 10.25 arrive Orlando at 14.35

Coming home depart Orlando 21.30 arrive Manchester 10.40

Would be very good if prices came down though.

lgordon6041
18-10-2005, 21:27
I think the new service is a great addition. Like you have said so far, it now gives you the option of arriving early & leaving later!
I think i'll be doing that next time I go!

18-10-2005, 21:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
Thats correct it's on the web site for next August

http://virgin-atlantic.com/bookflightsandmore/bookflights/searchFlight.do

VS73 Departs at 1420 from Manchester and on the return VS 74 departs 2130 from Orlando and arrives back at 1040 UK time[msnwink]
[/quote]

I am booked on the early return but I think I will change it to the later one[msnwink]

Children are more likely to sleep on the later one[msnwink]

weemac
18-10-2005, 22:41
We got the 9.10pm virgin flight from orlando to gatwick this year and it was great as we had nearly the whole day to spend before having to get the plane and also we were all ready for sleeping by the time we had our meal on the plane. The kids slept all night which was great and we arrived in london at a resonable time at 10.15am.[zzz]

domster
19-10-2005, 10:56
That is good news. The more choice people in the North of England have the better.

Macka
19-10-2005, 11:29
No, call me wierd if you like, but I don't want to spend my last day waiting to go home. I just want to get up, get out and get home. The thought of visiting a park, then going to the airport.. no way, I couldn't possibly enjoy it. [msnsad]

Horses for courses eh?

ShirleyCottam
19-10-2005, 12:35
Good news about the later flight, I think its a great idea.[msnsmile2]

Shirley[msnsmile]

Fourdents
19-10-2005, 12:43
I think I agree with MAcka.

Having to leave the villa at around 11am I personally don't like the idea of park visits etc on the day I go home. I like to relax and have a leisurely drive to the airport. Not sit around for a long time at the airport either.

Each to his/her own ! as Macka said.

Linda

19-10-2005, 18:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
I think I agree with MAcka.

Having to leave the villa at around 11am I personally don't like the idea of park visits etc on the day I go home. I like to relax and have a leisurely drive to the airport. Not sit around for a long time at the airport either.

Each to his/her own ! as Macka said.

Linda
[/quote]

We always book and pay for an extra night then we can leave the villa as late as we like[msnwink][msnwink]

Paula D-S
19-10-2005, 20:25
We won't need to leave the villa until around 6.30pm so we will have had a great day lazing by the pool.

Not only will the children sleep better on the plane but if we arrive at Manchester at 10.40 depending on luggage collection and traffic we will probably get home to Liverpool around 12.30 - 1.00, time to unpack, have a bath, bite to eat, then bed by 7.30.

I have everything planned.[msnwink]

Julie it looks like these flights are for July too. My parents go home on 21st and they've just had confirmation about the later flight.

Lynne S
19-10-2005, 20:55
On the website it only has these extra flights on a Thurs, Fri and Sat. The things we do for a few extra hours in Florida;););)

19-10-2005, 21:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
We won't need to leave the villa until around 6.30pm so we will have had a great day lazing by the pool.

Not only will the children sleep better on the plane but if we arrive at Manchester at 10.40 depending on luggage collection and traffic we will probably get home to Liverpool around 12.30 - 1.00, time to unpack, have a bath, bite to eat, then bed by 7.30.

I have everything planned.[msnwink]

Julie it looks like these flights are for July too. My parents go home on 21st and they've just had confirmation about the later flight.
[/quote]

Thanks Paula we go out July 14 and return August 5 so I will get onto Virgin asap and change to later flight[msnwink]

Just becareful if you book through Charter as most of their flights are non changeable/ non refundable unlike Virgin Holidays[msnwink]

Katys Grandad
19-10-2005, 22:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
No, call me wierd if you like, but I don't want to spend my last day waiting to go home. I just want to get up, get out and get home. The thought of visiting a park, then going to the airport.. no way, I couldn't possibly enjoy it. [msnsad]

Horses for courses eh?
[/quote]

I thought it was just me. I always find the last day a drag and like to be on my way. You also have to bear in mind the extra car rental if the drop off time is later than the pick up (if you see what I mean!)

19-10-2005, 22:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka

Horses for courses eh?
[/quote]

I thought it was just me. I always find the last day a drag and like to be on my way. You also have to bear in mind the extra car rental if the drop off time is later than the pick up (if you see what I mean!)
[/quote]

I know what you mean Phil but with little ones in tow the later flight means they sleep better[msnwink]