PDA

View Full Version : More flights to USA

Fourdents
17-10-2005, 16:58
I saw on the BBC this morning that there is some idea to open up more slots to the USA More competition, cheaper flights etc. I think BMI were mentioned ?

I was only half awake.....not a morning person !

Any one got any comments ?

Linda

CERICROWLEY
17-10-2005, 17:23
Linda

Heres the link to the subject.

It is only business class from Stanstead to JFK, but would be great for people who don't mind connecting flights, and have easy access to stanstead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4333850.stm

Macka
17-10-2005, 17:32
£850 quid for double the legroom on Maxjet eh? If the seats are comfy and wider I'd certainly consider that.

17-10-2005, 18:28
Great if you live nearby and want to go to NY[msnwink]

Macka
17-10-2005, 18:45
Yes good point. NY isn't too far really is it? not the need for more comfy seats on a shorter flight.

Stanstead's not too bad for me, not as far as Gatwick anyway. Too far from Cheshire though.[msnwink]

Fourdents
17-10-2005, 19:43
Thanks Ceri for the link

Why can't we have a more regular service to the USA from WALES ?? (or Bristol)

If the London/England airports are so busy why not fly from Wales

Maybe it's because you have to pay to come into the country LOL [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Linda

CERICROWLEY
17-10-2005, 20:31
Linda

I'm just hoping that now Contintenal fly from Bristol to New York everyday, that they will think of doing an Orlando direct flight.[8D]

Might be worth asking them on their website[?]

I have given up on Cardiff. Its a dogend of an airport, and no airline wants to use it really.

Fourdents
17-10-2005, 22:12
Ceri why do you think Cardiff is a dogear of an airport ? Any suggestions as to why airlines don't want to use it ?

Like most things in Wales....under funded !:(

Spend millions on "The Palace" in the Bay just for debating....maybe we could use all that "HOT AIR" to get extra lift off from Cardiff Airport [msnwink]

Linda

Ray&Sarah
17-10-2005, 22:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
Linda

I'm just hoping that now Contintenal fly from Bristol to New York everyday, that they will think of doing an Orlando direct flight.[8D]

Might be worth asking them on their website[?]

I have given up on Cardiff. Its a dogend of an airport, and no airline wants to use it really.
[/quote]

Bristol would be so handy for us too, maybe we should email them on mass.:D

andrewmckay5
17-10-2005, 22:46
Direct to Fort Myers would be nice[msnwink]

Prefably from Gatwick but Heathrow would do.

Fourdents
17-10-2005, 22:49
Ray & Sarah Where are you from ?

Yes, a little bit of "lobbying" may do the trick

Linda

Ray&Sarah
17-10-2005, 23:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
Ray & Sarah Where are you from ?

Yes, a little bit of "lobbying" may do the trick

Linda
[/quote]

We live in Gloucester Linda.[msnsmile2]

Fourdents
18-10-2005, 00:51
I have just sent my e-mail off to Continental RE: flights to Orlando

Linda

I just had a reply to my e-mail. They have sent my enquiry off to the schedual (spelling ? ) offices. Would be nice if there were more flights to Orlando from Bristol ....wait and see.

Anyone else sending e-mails to Continental ?

CERICROWLEY
18-10-2005, 01:23
Linda

Hubby was asked to tender for some work to be done on the terminal and airside buildings. via a collegue and was told, he need to grease the wheels a bit.!!!!!

The owners tbi sold it off at a huge profit and now the current owners have to charge high fees to cover their costs, ie landing fees are extortionate and the shopping leases are too high for anybody as well.

BA ut the maintenance depot there as they were told that the runway was in the midst of extending to accept a jumbo, and that were considering using it a major route,that all went pear shped, now they only land there empty and taxi to the maintenance side.

When we first used Bristol airport some 15 years ago, it was like an old aircraft hanger. but now I prefer to fly from Bristol than Cardiff. so its takes me another 45 mins to get there.

I flew from Cardiff in May as the flight was so cheap I couldn't resist it. We booked premium seats, We thought that like another other aiport you get first call at boarding.

Well we got called to board which you are called from the departure lounge to the gate area, then told to wait. by this time, a long cue had formed as everyone does to get on first, we never bother, as you have your seat assignment, they then didnt bother to call premium seats for priority boarding they just started to take people from the queue. It was an absolute shambles.

Its like they don't use the airport enough, they staff do not know what they are doing.

But all said any way I can get to florida I dont mind, really, but a little bit of comfort and less stress the better.

Come on Continental lets see that direct flight ot florida please!!!!

Macka
20-10-2005, 21:01
Hey Linda,

Your last post disappeared![msnscared]

chrisflowers
21-10-2005, 00:24
I fly regularly now from Bristol to Orlando since the service started in May.
We were lucky enough to get the cut price promotional business first fares for May and August, but this November we are going in coach!!

I don't mind going through immigration at Newark, and it's quite nice to be able to stretch ones legs for an hour before flying on down to Orlando.

Bristol is only 1 1/4 hours from Swansea. I used to fly from Birmingham or Gatwick.

Forget Cardiff. It is hard enough these days to get a fight to Jersey for us to visit family from Cardiff - and the new rail-link? What a joke? The bus is quicker.

Fourdents
21-10-2005, 03:13
Chris

Anytime you are passing.... via M4 on your way to Florida.....any excuse for a trip to Fl !![clap]LOL
When are you going in Nov ?

Linda