PDA

View Full Version : I4 Roadworks

brizzle
17-10-2005, 13:43
Can anyone tell me about the I4 roadworks?
I know last year they started around about Exit 58 (Champions Gate)

Are they :

a) gone
b) still there
c) moved nearer Orlando
d) moved nearer Tampa

We used the 192 / Old Lake Wilson Road last time so may be using that again this year depending on the location of these roadworks.

Brizzle.

17-10-2005, 16:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
Can anyone tell me about the I4 roadworks?
I know last year they started around about Exit 58 (Champions Gate)

Are they :

a) gone
b) still there
c) moved nearer Orlando
d) moved nearer Tampa

We used the 192 / Old Lake Wilson Road last time so may be using that again this year depending on the location of these roadworks.

Brizzle.
[/quote]

I think they are further down the I4 past exit 58 now[msnwink]

50sumtng
17-10-2005, 20:03
The roadworks are still there on the I-4, mainly in the vicinity of J64. The slip road leaving I-4 towards 192 West, is no longer there (they appear to be building a new interchange). There are divesions from I-4 to 192 Kissimmee at J65.
Hope this helps

Semper
22-11-2005, 01:50
As of last week there were still extensive road works at the 192/I4 interchange pretty much up to a junction in each direction. There were sporadic road works on the I4 down to Tampa. Non of the works caused us any problems, all though we used the back roads to get in to Disney.

chrisflowers
22-11-2005, 23:59
In the afternoons, getting back down I-4 from the city is still problematic. There are usually queues around the 192 junction as 4 lanes merge into 2, and then the stretch down to US27 is still at 2 lanes, and causes problems at certain times of the day as people return from the Malls doing their pre-thanksgiving shopping.

shockey
23-11-2005, 06:41
From Champions Gate (Exit 58) to US27 (Exit 55), and on to Exit 32, 3 lanes are now open in both directions - this bit is just about finished. There are often queues going east as traffic filters down to 2 lanes at Champions Gate.

You can get current traffic conditions on the Polk County section (Exit 58 to milepost 28) on this site: http://www.i4polk.com/content/

julieanne
23-11-2005, 13:02
We were there 2 weeks ago, there was always a small delay at the 192 junction.
Although the stretch to the US27 has restricted lanes it didn't cause us many problems at any time of day.

Will it ever be finished [msnscared]

chrisflowers
23-11-2005, 16:22
Well the roads are finished now bar the markings, except arount the 192 junction. They only need to finish building the new beltway bridge now.
They are doing some landscaping around the upper section now - looks like they may be opening up to Osceloa Parkway before lomg!
[clap][clap]

However, I wouldn't count on anything as this construction appears to have taken forever.