PDA

View Full Version : What is most important in a villa

solanasunshine
16-10-2005, 14:35
Just wondering what people really look for when picking a villa - hoping for an insight into what people really want rather than what we think they want!

LiesaAnna
16-10-2005, 14:37
i opted for gated but not so bothered must have a pool!! dont care what direction its facing!!!! when your so hot it dosent matter!!! also like it heated for my joints!!

Ray&Sarah
16-10-2005, 14:53
I didn't vote for any of the options as none of them are of real importance to me. I just love Florida, the sunshine and being able to relax at the villa.[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
16-10-2005, 16:12
I don't think the poll will be conclusive as different people look for different things. There have been polls like this in the past, use the search facility or scrolll through the old polls, they make interesting reading. Brits/Europeans will be after one thing whilst Americans might not think important and vice versa. I think generally you need to offer a balance.

There are other choices that are missing from the list that some guests may want like absolute privacy, Wi-Fi, Baby equipment, walki talkies etc etc. You will not please everyone all of the time.

16-10-2005, 16:15
All of them[clap][clap][clap]

But least worried about games room or spa( don't like them)[msnwink]

All the rest are on my wish list[msnwink] Plus decent sized TV's can't stand the main room to have a small TV[msnwink]

blott
16-10-2005, 16:27
There's a massive thread about this. http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2882 The poll only lets you vote for one item rather than several.

chrizzy100
16-10-2005, 19:27
I go by the amount of care taken to make the place look a bit different...but out of the things listed.......the only thing I look for is a spa.........

Paula D-S
17-10-2005, 00:48
When we were renting villas we always opted for one in Florida.[msnwink]:D:D:D

ellie
17-10-2005, 01:52
I think for most people a pool is probably one of the best things about renting a villa, but I think your option, south facing pool is a bit limited - most people do not worry as there is no problem with pools which do not face south - not like in the UK. This may well skew the results as I would put pool as my priority but don't worry about it being south facing.[msncool]

Thorogoods
18-10-2005, 16:47
Would have to be the pool, South Facing or not. Its great for those days recharging the batteries in between the parks, and then great to relax in after an hectic day out, in the best holiday destination in the world.:D:D

KJH
18-10-2005, 17:42
Voted for spa, brilliant after a long day, but only because furnishings were not available.

Before owning I always used to look at the furnishings and decor.

No offence intended, but if a villa looked like it had been done on the cheap, we didn't bother looking any further.

Kaz

Macka
18-10-2005, 19:54
Mrs. Macka has to have a south facing pool, as one we had a few years ago had a very small deck and you could only get the sun for a few hours, it was too small to move a lounger around to chase the sun.

LiesaAnna
21-10-2005, 11:43
i cant honestly say a south facing pool has ever bothered me, its only when brought to our attention that you realise it does make a difference, the villa we stayed at was shaded in the afternoon but as it was so hot we would've got in it anyway (but it wasnt hot enough for me) so we used the communal pool get in and out to cool off!![msnwink] the sun just beamed down on us all the time we were there, super!!!!!!

21-10-2005, 12:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
Mrs. Macka has to have a south facing pool, as one we had a few years ago had a very small deck and you could only get the sun for a few hours, it was too small to move a lounger around to chase the sun.

[/quote]

Us too, south facing but with a large covered porch for sitting under[msnwink]

becbecs
21-10-2005, 13:06
I voted for Internet access as I run my own business and need to be able to work while over in Florida, other than that I have to agree with Ray & Sarah and say that we just love Florida so what eve comes with the Villa is fine by us.

21-10-2005, 14:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
I voted for Internet access as I run my own business and need to be able to work while over in Florida, other than that I have to agree with Ray & Sarah and say that we just love Florida so what eve comes with the Villa is fine by us.
[/quote]

We are in the same boat as we also run our own business, so wireless broadband internet is an absolute must[msnsmile2]

Macka
21-10-2005, 14:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes I love a Lanai, Bev can Bake in the sun and I can take protracted naps in the shade or read. (paradise!) It's nice to be able to take a coffee and a snack out of direct sunlight too for me.

23-10-2005, 13:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes I love a Lanai, Bev can Bake in the sun and I can take protracted naps in the shade or read. (paradise!) It's nice to be able to take a coffee and a snack out of direct sunlight too for me.
[/quote]

Wonderful[msnsmile]

Macka
24-10-2005, 12:41
Kindred spirits Julie?[msnsmile2]

luckylady
24-10-2005, 13:03
When I have chosen a home in the past its a number of factors I take into concideration
I too like a lanai,large eat in kitchen, not overlooked, must have high speed internet access .

24-10-2005, 17:27
Kindred spirits Julie?[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Sounds like it[msnwink]

domster
24-10-2005, 21:39
I voted for pool and spa. Would not book one without.