PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook

lgordon6041
16-10-2005, 13:52
Hi All,

I've had a quick look on here but I can't find anything on Thomas Cook Airlines. I am flying with them to Cuba on 27th and don't know much about them at all.
Anybody had any experience with them at all?

Many thanks

16-10-2005, 16:25
No experience of them at all Lee, why not Google search for TC reviews?[msnwink]

KevinT
17-10-2005, 00:39
Lee,

We have flown with Thomas Cook Airlines from Newcastle several times (before they handed over the contract to Excel) and I was always very satisfied with their service. They were using Airbus 330's on that route which were newish planes with adequate seat pitch and seat back screens. Very few delays on our flights and friendly, smart and businesslike crew. There are always exceptions to the rule, but for me they have always been one of the best charter companies. As they are still the major tour operator on the Thursday flights from N/C I can't quite understand why they found it more economical to let Excel take over the flights. They must have given an extraordinarily low tender.
I certainly would have no worries about travelling with Thomas Cook again, but it doesn't look like we will get the opportunity as I understand Monarch are doing both Thursday and Saturday
next year from Newcastle. [msnsmile2]

RIS
17-10-2005, 13:15
Lee

I would have to rate Thomas Cook very highly ! [msnwink]

lgordon6041
17-10-2005, 13:19
Thanks Kevin & Julie,

All of my trans-atlantic flights over the past couple of years have been with Virgin & Air Canada (once) so I haven't been able to see what the charter airlines are like recently.

Im sure it will be fine!!

Thanks again!

PS I haven't forgotten about your sons visit to Valley Julie, I'll know quite soon when im going to be back there[msnsmile]

pieman790
17-10-2005, 14:07
We have used them for short charter flights to Spain without any problems but prefer scheduled flights on long hauls as you tend to get more leg room, larger luggage allownace, drinks inlcuded.
Not sure you can get a scheduled flight to Cuba.

lgordon6041
17-10-2005, 16:01
Cheers Roger,

Are you rating from a pax point of view or an employer point of view?? ;)

RIS
20-10-2005, 14:09
Both of course [msnwink]

lgordon6041
23-10-2005, 18:52
I'm with you[msnwink]
Ive just found out that im off to fly the harrier starting in feb!

Should be interesting

23-10-2005, 21:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lgordon6041
I'm with you[msnwink]
Ive just found out that im off to fly the harrier starting in feb!

Should be interesting
[/quote]

Sounds great Lee, where will you be based?

lgordon6041
23-10-2005, 22:20
Initially at RAF Wittering then I will move to RAF Cottesmore for another 2 years or so. Finally a bit of stability[msnsmile]...not quite sure what that's meant so far in my RAF career!

24-10-2005, 01:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lgordon6041
Initially at RAF Wittering then I will move to RAF Cottesmore for another 2 years or so. Finally a bit of stability[msnsmile]...not quite sure what that's meant so far in my RAF career!
[/quote]

Good luck and keep us posted, love to here all about flying the Harrier and if you take any photo's, love to see them[msnwink]

lgordon6041
24-10-2005, 13:11
Certainly will do!

RIS
25-10-2005, 01:52
The Harrier eh? You must be quite useful. As I understand it only the very good guys fly the Harrier! ( Or so ex. Harrier chaps tell me [msnwink] )

lgordon6041
25-10-2005, 11:40
I've been called far worse things than useful Roger let me tell you!!
It's quite a priviledge really and I cant wait to start. Ive got to do a short helicopter course in Feb to learn how to hover which should be good fun.
The Harrier is a pig to fly apparently so it will be a good challenge for me that's for sure. It is a great aircraft though!

RIS
25-10-2005, 13:19
Lee helicopters are real fun! I did a US PPLH in the early 90's. Unfortunately I don't have the dosh to do any private flying now. [msnsad]

I'm sure that the Harrier will be lots of fun! (A fast jet that flys backwards?? Bizarre! ) I'm just jealous of course!

Good luck with the conversion! [msncool]