PDA

View Full Version : Car rental/insurance

Tea
30-05-2003, 10:57
I found a good deal on car rental but I'm still a bit confused with the insurance - what is needed and what's not. According to the rental company all their rates are 'fully inclusive of insurance.' I asked what this means exactly, and the answer was that the insurance covers losses caused by me to other people (legal liability), theft or attempted theft damage of the rental car, fire damage and accident damage, with no excess or deductible. Does it sound adequate to you?

Thanks,
Tea

athurstance
30-05-2003, 13:43
If it is 'fully inclusive' it should be fine. Check what they mean by that though - what you need is CDW included definitely. Most give SLI aswell which is a supplimentary insurance which insures you for a higher amount than the basic. If both those are included you're fine.

Angela

florida4sun
30-05-2003, 17:36
What do you call a good deal and with which company. Is it on or off site collection?

quote:Originally posted by Tea

I found a good deal on car rental but I'm still a bit confused with the insurance - what is needed and what's not. According to the rental company all their rates are "fully inclusive of insurance." I asked what this means exactly, and the answer was that the insurance covers losses caused by me to other people (legal liability), theft or attempted theft damage of the rental car, fire damage and accident damage, with no excess or deductible. Does it sound adequate to you?

Thanks,
Tea

Tea
02-06-2003, 11:54
The company is Whizz Holiday Car Rental and the price for 12 days rental (Minivan) is 413 £. The price includes CDW and SLI.

KingKong
02-06-2003, 20:25
My wife and i looked all over the internet for cheap carhire.We got the best deal though from a UK tabloid advert.

The company was [edited out] , we ordered a basic cheapest you have car for 7 days to collect in the middle of our 2week vacation from the HolidayInn on IDrive Orlando.

The total bill was 124pounds sterling that was everything included with no nasty kickbacks added on when you collect and gas(petrol for us uk lot) was optional you either bought a tank or filled up when you handed car back(which is always cheaper).

Only downer was the idiot telesales rep (Kevin)who made the sale with us never faxed the proof of purchase to the Florida Holiday Inn office so when we went to collect car the people said "what car???".

This resulted in a 3hour wait and 40 dollars on phone cards to the UK office until they sorted it(we was told 40dollars would be refunded when we got back to UK but they havnt).

Bonus though the Florida car rep felt sorry for us and upgraded us to a cool big jeep for free.

Even though we had all this hassle the company is still the cheapest out there me thinks.

Why i am helping them by advertising there name after they bungled the simple sales transaction is a mystery to me [xx(]

But cheap is cheap and i am prepared to give them the benifit of the doubt.

Tea
03-06-2003, 14:01
I checked out the Autosabroad, but it's still a bit more expensive than Whizz Holiday Car Rental or car rental via this site. The rental price for a minivan would be 509 £ through Autosabroad.

KingKong
03-06-2003, 19:59
Ah ok maybe they swap and change the prices when it suits em like when school holidays are due etc.

Fact, i did pay 124 pounds though for my rental car .Maybe minivans are loads more i dunno.I do know 5 days rental is same as 7days so you wanna check that out as if you are gonna be in Florida 14 days even if its sat in yer car park maybe its same price for 14 days.

Anyway happyhunting:D